Scrapyard Meet -- Balby, Doncaster -- 29th Sept

mk1_4dr

After my trip to Balby Motor Spares the other day, and the judging by the way that the pics have gone down on here, I'd like to see if any of you chaps would be interested in a meet up and convoy down to have a look around?

Saturday 29th September (weather depending)

Meet at 10am, J30 M62 (in the first Wakefield-bound layby, about 200yards from the motorway)

So far there are 6 names that fancy it, and to be honest, I'd rather not take too many bodies and put the chap off letting folks wander around unaided.

So, thus far there is:

mk14dr

MorrisOxide (RR)

KevFromWales (RR)

Dangermouse (RR)

Cairyhunt (RR)

Dugong/WAT/Jon

M'coli

...and I think that'd do for this time around.

Where we're meeting is 10mins from my place, so we can leave a couple of motors there and all pile in the Whale/A.N.Other car as the carpark there is quite small, and the less cars there are, the less chance we will loose anybody on the drive down.

Bum bum bum I'm at the Spa Six Hour then dossing in frenchcestershireland.

If someone would be kind enough to peruse that A60 pick up's bed and get somke pics I'd greatly appreciate it :D

Bum bum bum I'm at the Spa Six Hour then dossing in frenchcestershireland.

If someone would be kind enough to peruse that A60 pick up's bed and get somke pics I'd greatly appreciate it :D

I will make it my task, whenever this meet happens, to get picture-graphs of both beds for you.

I may be up for this, but will meet you closer to Donny, the M1 being the wrong way for me to go!

We won't be going down the M1, we will probably go through Wakefield to the A1 (Ackworth/Upton) via the backroads.

Its a couple of junctions on the A1, and only a further 2miles or so from the A1 to the place.

I may be up for this, but will meet you closer to Donny, the M1 being the wrong way for me to go!

We won't be going down the M1, we will probably go through Wakefield to the A1 (Ackworth/Upton) via the backroads.

Its a couple of junctions on the A1, and only a further 2miles or so from the A1 to the place.

I know this, but the A1/M1 split is south of me and some distance north of the meeting point, and virtually doubles my mileage :wink: .

Whoa there.

Not really posting on the forum at the moment for various reasons I'll keep to myself so that I don't derail this thread.

Lots of folk have assumed I'm going to this (including the esteemed Mr KFW) but I haven't had the day confirmed off work yet. I can't really afford to book time off because my holiday allowance is more or less dead.

I'll let people know as soon as they get back to me. Anyone who relying on me to get a lift up there needs to hold their horses.

Sorry, like. You've lost me to work and deviantart for the time being. And Uni's being a twat.

• 1 month later...