Wanted 7 Seater

whitevanman

[Pedant mode] Thats a 6 seater [/Pedant mode]

2 adult + 4 children = how many?

750 quid Espaces/Galaxys/Sharans are generally fucked beyond belief. Ask me how I know.

Multiplas in the same price range are generally not as fucked.

If she can stretch to a grand, she might get a 307sw. Which is the best 7-seater evar. And women like driving them cos they're not the size of a bus.

You should be able to get a half-decent series 3 Metrocab for £750. May be lacking a little on boot space for a family of 6, but on the plus side there's a built-in partition to keep the kids safely in the back. For something a little more conventional, there seems to be quite a few Hyundai Tragics about for that kind of money.

The diesels ones are absolutely effing rubbish. Petrol ones are far less likely to expire in their own steam. Agree about the older Sharan/Galaxy/Alhembra things, most have been viciously abused by myriad screaming, crayon holding, snotty little bastards and driven over speed humps at 60mph by desperate mums.

Thus I shall suggest what everyone else was thinking but was scared of saying: get a Zafira, the 1.6 16V petrol ones seem best. Hold their values well, better screwed together than the Ford/VW?Seat offering and have superb residuals, even the old ones

Chap over the road has been trying (not very hard) to sell an early Previa for ages. It has a cracked windscreen, high milage and I'd imagine rusty discs by now. He'll let it go for a couple of hundred or so as hes emigrating and doesn't want to scrap it, leaves plenty of change for a screen and some T+T. I think its even old enough for classic insurance 8)

Thus I shall suggest what everyone else was thinking but was scared of saying: get a Zafira, the 1.6 16V petrol ones seem best. Hold their values well, better screwed together than the Ford/VW?Seat offering and have superb residuals, even the old ones

The Zafira's not a bad shout.

Thing to note:

The older Zafiras have three proper seatbelts in the "middle" row, but from '02 or '03 on the middle seatbelt was a lap belt. Handy to know if you're fitting kiddy seats, but probably not applicable in the OP's case as 750 quid wouldn't buy you one of the newer Zafiras anyway. :lol::lol: