Shite deal-breaking selling points

Station

Recent addition's grand selling point was:

"Previous owner used to drive it to Devon"

Before that:

"Used to be owned by an elderly couple"

Rust bucket red MR2:

"Full service history to 2000 and bundles of receipts", which didn't explain the floorpan doily and previous owner's mission to remove everything to 'save weight'"

any ad that's strap line is counteracted by the blurb.

i.e. ONE CAREFUL OWNER then in the text "in the last X years"

"Good condition for year" sounds like a caveat in itself.

'Damage was done before I got it'. Fucking great, that makes all the difference now, doesn't it? :roll:

'My wife doesn't like it'. Fucking bollocks, you either got it to knock on for a few quid more or found out it's fucked.

"Should pass MOT no problem"

"Lost V5 but have green slip"

"Just needs xyz to pass MOT"

"Priced to sell"

"Need to sell as I'm emigrating to Australia"

"Genuine reason for sale"/GRFS

"No dreamers"

Garages that say "selling on behalf of owner"

"1.3 on logbook" :roll:

Anything with LPG.

"Will need nothing for MOT"

"Only have new keeper part of V5" - so the part where you say you've had it for a year is bollocks

"Top of the range" - when it's an LX

"Really economical, will do 35 MPG easy" - when talking about a 3.5 V6

Full electric pack - Really? I'm not sure anything sold in the last 20 years has been available with an "electric pack".

Four to ten year old premium cars with a low or mid level spec being sold by independent dealers that are described as "fully loaded" in and advert that then lists all the standard equipment.

If four electric windows, heated leather seats and cruise control were standard on the base model then the big hole in the dash, cloth headlining and lack of tv screens tell me you're an idiot.

Been offered a P plate 1.3

Just failed test on three small holes in floor

Sadly was also plus this:

2012-07-22130121.jpg

2012-07-21111625.jpg

All good now though and on the road. No offence to the OP either, I bought an Lancia unseen WTF did I expect. :oops:

No offence taken Scott :D Thats why I didn't ask silly money for it as I know the difference between MOT and personal standards! Scary though that the mot only ran out 2 months prev!

But fucking hell I never imagined it was that bad!!! I genuinely sat here and said out loud "fucking hell!!!"

Daft thing is unless you came with a grinder you wouldn't have seen that lot anyway, I thought what had been done had been done properly - look at all those invoices and the prices. Seems soemone was being fucked over!

Still I love the prevenance of it, that it belonged to the Motoring Ed of the Times who's obituary said his sole regret was getting only 149 out of the then new E type when he test drove it up the M1!

PM me your address as I've still got the A piller foot well cubby hole things here.

Been offered a P plate 1.3

Just failed test on three small holes in floor

Sadly was also plus this:

2012-07-22130121.jpg

2012-07-21111625.jpg

All good now though and on the road. No offence to the OP either, I bought an Lancia unseen WTF did I expect. :oops:

No offence taken Scott :D Thats why I didn't ask silly money for it as I know the difference between MOT and personal standards! Scary though that the mot only ran out 2 months prev!

But fucking hell I never imagined it was that bad!!! I genuinely sat here and said out loud "fucking hell!!!"

Daft thing is unless you came with a grinder you wouldn't have seen that lot anyway, I thought what had been done had been done properly - look at all those invoices and the prices. Seems soemone was being fucked over!

Still I love the prevenance of it, that it belonged to the Motoring Ed of the Times who's obituary said his sole regret was getting only 149 out of the then new E type when he test drove it up the M1!

PM me your address as I've still got the A piller foot well cubby hole things here.

The 'according to how many left' one is a cracker. That has to be the most annoying thing going at the moment, all those dead heads using it to try and inflate the price of some utter shit heap.

'Needs restore' pisses me right off, and other stupid/lazy typing.