Show us your auntie's crap car

Guest Breadvan72

My Maiden* Aunt used to be a groovy chick, back in the day; all mini skirts, boots, and Mini Coopers. Nowadays, she is retired...

img0265ms.jpg

img0266pg.jpg

What has your Auntie got?

*Terms and Conditions may apply.

Auntie had three cars in her entire life.

Her first was a Ford Corsair, 64 on a 'B', the last one was an 82 on a 'Y' Datsun (not Nissan) Micra, the first automatic one in Scotland apparently, and between she had this magnificent specimen. A bright red Datsun 120Y, 74 on an 'N'. 8)

ZwCPel.jpg

I sometimes got to drive her little Micra when my own car was fubar, which was quite a lot back in those days. It was a genuine 'little old lady' car, racking up only 13,000 miles in the 10 or so years she had it before she finally admitted defeat and gave up driving due to poor eyesight. She always used to thank me for 'servicing' it, because whenever she got it back, the next time she drove it she always noticed it felt a lot more 'eager'.

In truth all I did was introduce it to the rev-limiter a few times. :lol:

I remember once starting it up, manoeuvring it out the driveway and then flooring it up the road. I must have been doing a good 28mph by the time I got the half mile or so to the end of the street! :shock:

I had an aunt who wasn't really an an aunt...just a friend of a real Aunt . But we always called her Auntie Jeanne. She was a spinster and had the same butch haircut that Julie Andrews had in 'The Sound Of Music'.

She always had Mini Clubman estates in various shades of beige but couldn't drive for toffee. I don't recall her once taking the cars out of second gear....fragging along at 30mph to Kwik-Save and back, gearbox screaming like a howling cat.

When I passed my test , my parents tried to fob one of her knackered cast-offs on to me.

Feck off.

My late Aunt Freda had an NSU Prinz and then a Mini. She lent me both when I was a lad, and lent the Mini to my dad when his car was out of commission for some reason.

They both went back running really well, as she never took either over 35 mph...

In total contrast to my old auntie with the Datsun, one of my mates had an aunt with a Peugeot 205 GTi, and I'm talking about a woman in her late 60s. :shock:

Apparently her hubby used to do a bit of clubman rallying in his day and she was a total speed freak. I never got a drive with her but I heard tales of three figure speeds going down on some wee Scottish back roads on several occasions. :mrgreen:

In total contrast to my old auntie with the Datsun, one of my mates had an aunt with a Peugeot 205 GTi, and I'm talking about a woman in her late 60s. :shock:

Apparently her hubby used to do a bit of clubman rallying in his day and she was a total speed freak. I never got a drive with her but I heard tales of three figure speeds going down on some wee Scottish back roads on several occasions. :mrgreen:

So that was her! She overtook me in my Fiat 126 20 years ago on the Croftamie road into oncoming traffic when I was doing 90 (km/h!) by going flying over the top of me at Badshalloch... :wink::D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

My aunty inherited a lovely mk2 3.0 ghia capri when her father passed away the fool left it in storage and sold it for absolute peanuts years later, Mrs fordperv auntie was cool and had a phase 1 r5 gt turbo, she went boring and now drives a new generation golf, her other aunty up until losing her sight had a very nice 1990 black mini cooper