TAXI FOR SALE!- Brookjm's new wheels guv'nor £800 long T&T

HMC

If you want to put a front passenger's seat in, the stepped partition in these late ones will be a problem. It's done for wheelchair access, but courtesy of this thread on Ratlook.com here's how substantial the partition is, it's made of fucking girders!

DSC09154.jpg

So I reckon to fit a front passenger seat some of that box secion has to come out, and you weld straight across. Then the passenger can be as comfortable* as the driver.

It's worth a read on that link because it shows how the inner wings can rust too :shock:

If you want to put a front passenger's seat in, the stepped partition in these late ones will be a problem. It's done for wheelchair access, but courtesy of this thread on Ratlook.com here's how substantial the partition is, it's made of fucking girders!

DSC09154.jpg

So I reckon to fit a front passenger seat some of that box secion has to come out, and you weld straight across. Then the passenger can be as comfortable* as the driver.

It's worth a read on that link because it shows how the inner wings can rust too :shock:

That guy is bonkers!!!!!

He has put a shit load of work into making the cab shit! good on him! Bet he won't loose that in a carpark!

I read the article, your man put bambo canes in place of the grille amongst other things.

Lurking at the back of the fleet shot today is the taxi, only modification to date is the addition of a magic tree air freshener

IMG_6729.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6712.jpg

I helped a mate move flats this weekend. Amazingly usefull vehicle for the job. Picture it: I was on yellow lines, the traffic warden sidled up to me and asked if i was here on business or pleasure! I said i was helping someone move, he nodded, smiled and carried on down the road.

I 'm sort of half thinking about selling it, let me know if theres any interest

Had 800 in mind.

LTI Fairway Driver 95

It has 11 months MOT 2 months tax. Its really straight, the underside was steam cleaned anually and various other things for the PCO regs. spent its whole working like in london. which for me was part of the appeal. It has a few minor bubbles here and there, but overall its very smart. Has a separate chassis, which looks in good order. Its mechanically bob on, engine and box great (nissan 2.7 diesel with autobox)- It effectively has a 'sport mode' which is a switch that locks out top gear for hills etc. As its the 'driver' it has a redesigned front suspension with vented discs and telescopic shocks. (I'll have to find the link for the LTI promo which has russ swift driving around on 2 wheels etc. Hilarious that these modest upgrades are quoted as state of the art in that 1993 promo) The braking system has recently been overhauled. All the tyres are good. For what it is it drives really well, I was quite suprised. Also I'm 6 foot and find it quite confortable. It has the Transport for london fare card, a range of adverts for rotation to fit on the flip up extra seats, and LBC radio livery down the flanks.(all removable, but again its part of the history/ charm for me) I'll get some more pics to put up

I'm very reluctant to sell, i really like pootling round in it, interesting how other road users, taxi drivers (and traffic wardens strangely!) react favourably as it looks as though its still a licenced cab. but my daily driver looks like its going to need a bit spent on it, and something has to give. It owes me more and on e bay 600 buys you a scruffy un mot'd example

• 2 weeks later...

Well I sold this on E Bay a few days back but since then have heard absolutely nothing from the buyer.

1) My patience is starting to wear thin with this sort of thing

2) Its making me reconsider whether i want to get rid of it or not

• 8 years later...
On 9/27/2012 at 3:49 PM, HMC said:

Well I sold this on E Bay a few days back but since then have heard absolutely nothing from the buyer.

1) My patience is starting to wear thin with this sort of thing

2) Its making me reconsider whether i want to get rid of it or not

This was my old one. Don’t know how to link to my new thread soz.