Monthly Scotoshite meet at Armadale last Wednesday of the month.

nuttyhk

Top night, great to see new faces from far and near.

I drove:

@Jim Bells Panda-everything  the Jazz wasn't-cool looking, actual steering feel, a bit of poke. Would recommend

@blackboilersuits Saab 9-5 Aero-like stepping into an old pair of shoes after my old one. A really fast old pair of shoes. Top bomber

@sdkrcs Visa. Never mind Knockhill in the wet in the MR2, forget about the Locost anywhere. This is the most terrifying thing I've driven. My therapist will be sending a bill

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, loserone said:

Just bring both? ?

Scooby does need to get dropped off to tame mechanic for MOT so that is a distinct possibility, except Al won't drive in the dark....

Is anyone coming to this from Fife direction by any chance? We're in need of a Shitely for a spare wheel for the Volvo which is currently near Leven.

4 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Scooby does need to get dropped off to tame mechanic for MOT so that is a distinct possibility, except Al won't drive in the dark....

Is anyone coming to this from Fife direction by any chance? We're in need of a Shitely for a spare wheel for the Volvo which is currently near Leven.

I'm coming from Dunfermline but won't get a chance to go to Leven before tomorrow I'm afraid.

@Flat4 glad you can give the manual a good home. Here's hoping that you don't actually have to use it! Your new car was certainly in its element for the journey back last night although the continental tyres on the 9-5 were offering amazing grip so the normal Saab road positioning of "applying boost in the outside lane" could still be maintained all be it at a reduced level.

7 hours ago, blackboilersuit said:

Your new car was certainly in its element for the journey back last night although the continental tyres on the 9-5 were offering amazing grip so the normal Saab road positioning of "applying boost in the outside lane" could still be maintained all be it at a reduced level.

Definitely the right car to bring last night :) Didn't realise there was snow forecast but the Volvo needs decidedly better boots than it currently has and the fun bus doesn't feel as sure-footed as my Subarus have, for some reason. It still managed Aberdeen to Ardrossan in January one winter tho but progress was considerably slower.

Hopefully there will be no snow in March!

• 4 weeks later...