Monthly Scotoshite meet at Armadale last Wednesday of the month.

nuttyhk

39 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

it is a good night, for us regulars the menu is becoming bit boring but the scoff is always good, they never have cauliflower cheese as a side tho

Your arse is rotten enough without cauliflower cheese.

The menu will never be boring as long as Jam Squarey Warey is present.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Schaefft said:

Quite possibly! Whens the next meet? I'll be in Edinburgh from the 1st of next month. Edit: Maybe I should just read the title thread...

@Jim Bell and I are running up for the next one.  With any luck it'll be local for me soon too.

16 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Is this going to happen 29th Jan as I have to come upto Scotland that week and would try and coordinate my visit so I can attend?

Any chance the E32 could be the chariot of choice...? I had newfound interest in these over the past week.

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

Any chance the E32 could be the chariot of choice...? I had newfound interest in these over the past week.

It would have been an excellent choice, it is such a comfy old bus and I have taken it there before. It holds a personal record for me, for remaining comfortable  to drive it continuously for 7 1/4 hours, I didn't even have to refuel Milton Keynes to Edinburgh on a Friday night.

This trip is mapped out a bit different as I am flying to Inverness and collecting a newish modern for myself. I will then drive my new car down to the Rowan Tree for dinner and stay in a hotel with the Premier Inn at Bathgate being favourite at the moment. Thursday I will drive home. 

P1210767.jpg broad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ahead of this Wednesdays meet I have the following motoring related tat to give away free and gratis to anybody who wants it. Just let me know in advance if you want it and I'll bring it along.

Haynes manual for a Metro, Haynes manual for a Volvo V70/S80 (98-07) and a Vax wet vac. The wet vac was a shampooing machine but the delivery pump is goosed and all the tools barring the upholstery cleaning head have gone the journey long ago. When used with a pump up garden sprayer (which will also come free gratis) full of carpet shampoo it's still an effective weapon for cleaning car interiors. 

First come first served, don't all rush at once.......... ???

Could we get the Haynes manual for the V70 please? Altho at this point it's looking very doubtful that we'll make this one now as I may not be able to get the evening off and Al is currently lying on a hospital bed waiting to see a doctor to tell us if he's getting admitted it not....

10 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Could we get the Haynes manual for the V70 please? Altho at this point it's looking very doubtful that we'll make this one now as I may not be able to get the evening off and Al is currently lying on a hospital bed waiting to see a doctor to tell us if he's getting admitted it not....

That's not good news. Hope it's nothing serious. 

13 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Tell Big Al we're asking for him!

7 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

That's not good news. Hope it's nothing serious. 

3 hours ago, dome said:

Tell Big Al we're asking for him!

37 minutes ago, 320touring said:

I will likely be there for 6.

Best wishes to Big Al

He self-discharged from hospital last night ? Why do you blokes never do as you're told??? Anyway, his bloods showed he wasn't in any immediate danger so GP is treating him til the dermatologist can see him. We might still make it but will need to play it by ear for now.

18 hours ago, Flat4 said:

You certainly can as long as the first thing you do with it is beat Al around the head for being a nugget and self discharging from Hospital!

Seriously though pass on my best wishes to the big chap for a speedy recovery. If you can't make it on Wednesday I can post the manual if you need it before the next meet up.