Monthly Scotoshite meet at Armadale last Wednesday of the month.

nuttyhk

A good time was had, cheers chaps!

Also got to drive:

@320touring's Mercedes ML270 - While not my thing because 2modern5me it was very solid and went very well. The fact it was picked up for £300 is quite alarming... (Second auto I've ever driven).

@davidfowler2000's Volvo 740 - A lovely car, where my cars are all tiny and buzzy this just wafted along gracefully and would do all the speeds at 2,000rpm. Want. (Third auto I've ever driven).

@davehedgehog31's Pug 205 "Inca" - It's tiny! Makes good progress when on the move. It is very smol! Agricultural and basic but equally charming, felt surprisingly hardy. (aprox 4ft shorter than a Volvo 740 estate).

Much shottage was had indeed. 

I drove the ML, very smooth, surprisingly firm suspension, feels rock solid. WOULD.

I also drove the 205 Inca, I was not expecting it to be so civilised. I immediately felt at ease with the light controls. Surprisingly quiet for an XUD and no cabin rattles.

Finally I was a passenger in the Acclaim. Also surprisingly civilised, no rattles and very smooth. Makes you question automotive 'progress' when cars like this were so capable.

Hopefully it will be a good turnout in November 27th which is the last Wednesday of the month and indeed the last Scotoshite of the year.

A good evening as always chaps, cheers for the company and shots of assorted shite. 

Was good to see @blackboilersuits Astra complete with rear arches!

@320tourings ML. Drives absolutely lovely. Nice to be above other arseholes lights instead of directly on their level. Feels tight as a drum and the autobox is lovely. 

@Split_Pins Audi Convertible. Yep, feels like a premium product. Engine is a peach too, would be nice to get a shot with the roof down in milder weather.

@captain_70s Acclaim. A delight, like SplitPin says, makes you question "progress". I'd add Fuel Injection and not a lot else. Tremendous visibility, light unassisted controls and neat styling. Excellent. 

20 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Can I also add that I LOVED the glowing green numerals on the digital clock on the Acclaim. Wee things like that really take me back.

If the buttons weren't sticking and causing it to constantly change the time it displays it'd be the best bit of the car. It's also a dealer fit option, because L.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to come along 27th November, but for that to work I would need somebody to collect my Chrysler Sebring convertible for me this week from Kelvinbridge and store it for a couple of weeks?

Option 1 – Wednesday 13th Nov I get Mrs6C to give me a lift to Milton Keynes station before she goes to work in London to catch the 6:15 am train to Glasgow Central arriving 10:38 am, I get a taxi to the car and drive home.

Option 2 - Wednesday 13th Nov I get a friend to give me a lift to Milton Keynes station to catch the 10:13 am train to Glasgow arriving 3:15 pm, I get a taxi/lift to the car and drive to my hotel. I then have dinner with a shiter or two and retire to my hotel. Thursday I drive my new car home.

Option 3 - I get a shiter to collect the Sebring from the garage I am buying it from next week and store it until 27th Nov Scottish regular get together. It is MOTed, I will tax it and while my insurance won’t cover you, it will show up as an insured car on the database. I will then train up for the 27th Nov collect the car, join the evening gathering, stay in a hotel and drive home the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon peeps.

Time for the reminder that the next Scotoshite Scranningtons (Wed 27th November) will be our end of year extravaganza where we put out the invite to folk who don't make it on a regular basis.
Usual time and place - 7pm car park, 7:30 table at Marston's The Rowan Tree, Armadale, West Lothian. No... not the other Armadale.

We know Mr chaseracer has already booked lodgings and I have booked appropriate time off work.

Numbers please just in case we need to amend the table booking. Ta.

1. davidfowler2000
2. chaseracer