The dash at night

dollywobbler

Have to admit that the Cactus is on the list of modern cars I like.  Never driven one but we had two demonstrators through Chris' work and they seemed nice places to be and felt properly quirky like a Citroen should.  Seemed quite well thought out as a practical car (echoes of Berlingo) and still pretty comfy.

Only gripe we all had was the bloody touch screen.

Still reckon they missed a trick by not offering it in black but with the cladding in really lurid colours.  I'd like one in black with neon orange or yellow cladding.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:00 AM, dozeydustman said:

I’m taking the little hired Dennis back to the rental firm, so I thought I’d share the dash with you.

7F17B927-8D95-4A1C-8AA6-57A84A0E41CE.thumb.jpeg.330b0631cfbbb2f83397bfed976a63b0.jpeg

gauges from L-R.

fuel, engine temp, DPF pressure, combined RPM & Speedo. Multi-function display.

Renault Trucks parts bin for the dashboard

ren dashpic.jpg

32 minutes ago, Grundig said:

Renault Trucks parts bin for the dashboard

ren dashpic.jpg

Yes I can well believe that. Renault/Volvo engines in these

later elite 2s used a Volvo instrument panel as below which is a pleasing set to read.

686455A2-A62B-4F49-9729-8934EB73FFFB.thumb.jpeg.493dcc5e57065fbf4e381a3ce93e9593.jpeg

early Elite 2 and prior models used bespoke equipment. I may be having the hire truck from Rent-a-wreck tomorrow so I’ll get a photo if I have.

12 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

God I miss the madness that France and Italy produced in the 70s-90s...that damage report machine is worth a lot.

Loved the dash on the old Panda for the same reason, to a youngster the diagram was always a damage report machine.

They're very cool,  but never to be trusted!

• 2 weeks later...

In the C2 you can switch off almost all of the dash illumination. This is something I do quite often, made slightly pointless by the LED nightmare that is that stereo. I must do something about that. It does add to the mid 2000s hot* hatch experience rather well though.

20200301_203724.thumb.jpg.e5a03330aba3b593c9e9fe5735c2d6b3.jpg