Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

I can vouch that the sofa is very comfy! And the cat very nice...

Thank you, you can have a percentage when I give it away for nothing. Can't remember which cat it was that decided it liked you, they're both coming with me to the new abode and are not offered as part of the deal ;P.

Got an old Binatone hifi. Tuner, cassette, record deck(garrard), speakers.. Its in the original cabinet. It works, but the volume control is a bit crackly when turned and the record deck constantly spins. The wooden case isn't fantastic but it seems a shame to bin it, not that I can atm as I'm house bound after my back op. Free to whoever wants it.
Collect from Coventry

post-740-0-24839900-1390500276_thumb.jpg

Got an old Binatone hifi. Tuner, cassette, record deck(garrard), speakers.. Its in the original cabinet. It works, but the volume control is a bit crackly when turned and the record deck constantly spins. The wooden case isn't fantastic but it seems a shame to bin it, not that I can atm as I'm house bound after my back op. Free to whoever wants it.

Collect from Coventry

That's literally identical to my grandparents unit. Terrible.

Superb.

I've had a clearout of my trailer and I've stumbled across some bits if anybody wants them.

I've found a Renner 5 GT Turbo steering wheel - not in great condition but perfectly usable. Complete with horn push.

Porsche 944 glovebox lid with Porsche badge (as mentioned before on this forum somewhere...)

Pair of back lights for Pug 206 - 2003 onwards so later shape.

SP mesh front grille for 206 - not in great condition but again, fine to use as it is.

Set of clocks for 206 GTi - silver faced. 133k on clock.

2x Vauxhall V-grilles for Mk4 Astra.

Fusion sub and amp - not sure what wattage but I can have a looksee.

There's probably some more things I've forgotten to list but I'm open to offers on all of the above. I'm not in a rush to sell so they'll not be scrapped in 12 minutes from now.

Interested in the 5 steering wheel but depends where you are as postage won't be cheap

Now the for sale thread is back here a little self promotion. I might be tempted to part with my Hotchkiss as I fancy another Rolls or 504 coupe. It isn't cheap but you will never see another and they are pretty special to drive.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C450746

attachicon.giftruck 001.JPG

4211586.jpg

Having been parked next to a P6 for a while sure justifies the high asking price.

GLWTS etc etc

WANTED:

Citroen XM passenger side side-light, in non-cracked condition. Mine was cracked and cloudy so I was considering replacing it, until Thursday when a pheasant committed suicide by throwing itself out of a tree on to my moving car, destroying the side light completely. The MOT is in half a month, please help.

attachicon.gifcompression.jpg :-( :-(

Wanted:

Set of pistons and liners for 1978 Peugeot 504 XN1 2L engine (taux 8.8  ) original part number 0114.R7, 0114.35 or 4x 0110.93

Thanks

Peter

Have you stripped it down?  Just a thought with two low compression readings on adjacent cylinders could it be head gasket?  they do have liner protrusion height and head warpage issues.

1 of the lads i work with mentioned today the he was putting his car up for sale this weekend.

Now it is probably to modern by 2 to 3 decades for most on here but here goes

2006 (56) Volvo S60 2.4 diesel 185 bhp 109kmiles in dark silver/grey

Since the summer it has had a new fly wheel,clutch and cam kit.

He wants £3500 now i don't know if this is a good price or not

If anyone is interested pm me ill get his details or give yours. We are up north or for the Volvo massive down south.

Right... Due to overwhelming* public request, here's a half-arsed advertisement for my 740 :

post-17318-0-42781300-1391108431_thumb.jpg

1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate Auto (seen above in its natural habitat)

I've been thinking about selling this old beast since autumn, however it's so damn practical and reliable that I keep changing my mind.

It's a 1989 model, which retains the pure, flat-front 700 series shape but comes with improved rustproofing over the earlier models.

It's an almost-top-of-the-range model, in glorious resale silver with an S&M-tastic black leather interior.

It's no looker, as there's a fair bit of lacquer peel on bonnet and roof, but it's a straight and solid car.

It has covered almost 240K miles, so there's wear and tear commensurate with that. However, it has never failed to start and I've been using it for trips to the continent over the past two years without any issues.

As all Volvo estates, it can carry loads and loads of stuff. Being Swedish, it also is a brilliant 'cold weather' car and has a pair of nearly new Yokohama winter tyres at the back, which allowed me to irritate many SUV drivers in last year's SNOKAOS.

It is MoT'd until late August 2014. There is tax until November 2014, which the buyer can have for its refund value. Due to its age, the car can be (and currently is) insured under a classic policy.

The beast owes me a fair amount of money, but I am fully aware that the only way to become a millionaire selling scruffy old cars is to start off as a billionaire. 

I would therefore be willing to sell to a fellow 'shitter for £300. This constitutes the 'LOWST I CAN TAK M8'. The car is near Andover, in north Hampshire.

Feel free to overwhelm me with offers of '£100 COLECT 2NITE', 'SWAP 4 BATAVUS GO-GO' etc. but don't be surprised if I then decide to post a long rant about how disappointed I am and how this forum isn't what it used to be  :mrgreen:

Edit : This marvellous automobile is now SOLD to a fellow 'shitter.