Autoshite: "not just Pistonheads for poor people".

I have shamelessly ripped the thread title off from a post in the Princess thread.

The point of this thread is to say hoorah for the whacky, satirical, and good humoured atmosphere of this Forum. I like PH, but it has to be said that it's ratty, catty, and not sufficiently batty. This is my favourite, funniest and friendliest Forum on any subject. We haz gotz moar luv.

Yes, I like it here too and have hung around here in various incarnations since the dawn of the interweb.

Autoshite - giving me my daily motoring fix in a way that my pimp just cant.

Theres not many forums that strike the right balance of everything but more or less this place achieves it. I've been here since all of this was only fields and its a shame that we lost a few people along the way but this is generally an informative entertaining place and just about finds the right sort of balance - not too serious without being stupid. Most of the time anyway.

Long may it continue.

Me, I fucken love swearing, me. Wanky tossbollocks PH won't even let you say the name of this site. Ten week old knob cheddar to that, say I.

I've got to say I keep moving further and further away from the Autoshite target audience - I'm in the process of chopping my non-shite 2001 Leon in for a even less shite 2009 Focus work hack. The other family car is only a year older. But this forum keeps me entertained, makes me laugh, and makes me feel I can still participate.

I imagine there's others on here who haven't the space for two cars (which is my reason), or other excuses, and don't own any shite. But at least there's still a welcome, unlike many other forums where you need to match their demographic 100% before you can post.

Carry on.

I'd agree with all that has been said on here. I visit at least once a day, mainly just to chuckle at the posts. It's also a great source of information when required!

My wife now takes great amusement at pointing out chod on our travels.

Long may it continue! Must try to contribute more, but lack of driving means I don't have much to give.

Piston heads IMO is quite unfriendly. Full of spelling, grammar & punctuation pedants, no one will answer your posts unless you have 95678840030302 zillion posts, get struck off for just being there. Still, sometimes it is good for a wee look through to read some of the sheer knobbery and head up assness that abounds.

Don't think Princess, BX, Bluebird, FSO, Lada etc owners are really the PH stalwart's cup of tea anyway.

Piston heads IMO is quite unfriendly. Full of spelling, grammar & punctuation pedants, no one will answer your posts unless you have 95678840030302 zillion posts, get struck off for just being there.

Like I said: VW Golf-driving Herberts :P

Yeah, better off out of it. Post there at your peril & get struck down in a tirade of abuse.

Surely PH must be a trolls heaven as some of the wanks on there are so easy to wind up due to the head up assedness they suffer from.

Maybe I should turn up at one of their track days in the BX, whilst decked out in the finest outfit I can find in the British Heart Foundation and seriously brag that I have 80 horses under the bonnet & I'll take on mr wankface in his M3 dickmobile.

As a) a relative newbie B) a double-XXer, who has been around since the dawn of the internetz, when men were real men, there were no women, all chat was Usenet, all connection was dialup (and everyone hated flash instead of just some people), can I just say that compared with some of the awash-with-testosterone virtual environments I've been in:

pussies.jpg

(I like it here :))

The Classics room in PH is mostly OK. Everywhere else is shouty and a bit rubbish. Many of the twerbs reportedly go into apoplexies if their cars get a drop of rain on them. I try to give sensible legal advice in the speedy ploddy law bit, but waste my breath, as it is full of Bloke in Pub dickweeds.

I disagree, this site ruined my life. Within a few weeks of joining, through no fault of my own I ended up lumbered with an undesirable, rusty pile of shite which cost me real money to buy and which I then had to spend more money and a lot of evenings and weekends fixing. It's entirely the fault of everyone here and you should all be ashamed.

:D It has to be said, this is one of the friendliest online communities I've ever come across and long may it last.