Japanese Car Show in Portugal

Spottedlaurel

As I don't think many of you frequent Datman's forum, thought you'd like to see these pcitures taken by Finnish member Jylppy when he was lucky enough to get a work trip coinciding with this event.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, got carried away there with the copying and pasting. Lots more here:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jukyline/Lissabon/Sintra.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mmmm......mmmm - love these! 8)

Posted Image

Always hated the pointless ugly bits of black plastic on these which seem to be part of the rear lights. Time has made the whole car seem a bit more interesting though.

Posted Image

What do you call this? I have a model of it by Ebbro called Toyota Trueno Sprinter. This is the first time I've seen a real one! I can now say that it's a good model I have! :D

What do you call this? I have a model of it by Ebbro called Toyota Trueno Sprinter. :D

KE25 possibly? I think it was the coupe version of the KE20 corolla Reg. There are a couple of the saloons in the pics (one below).

Posted Image

There was a Levin version - not sure if your red coupe in the pics is one of these - probably not though, I think they had big arches and stuff! No doubt someone will know (SL perhaps?).

OOF! some amazing vintage J-tin there 8) I'd almost forgotten the Datsun 120 Cherry coupe, what a looker that is :D that and the 120Y had memories of the mid eighties coming back when many friends and work colleagues ran such kit which was plentfiful at the time....

Is that 120A the coupe version of the 100A, which was smaller than the Cherry FII & the Sunny 120Y? I've got a decent Ebbro model of that too, unfortunately in unfunky white! I'm desperately waiting for models of other Datsuns like the 120Y Sunny to be made, but they're a long time coming. The Sunny 120Y coupe is my favourite (not that there's one above though....). Also the FII Cherry Coupe which has been made by Diapet but it's an old model & a bit basic. Also quite sought after so makes a bit of money when I see it.

I've not seen the 120A in the flesh before, only the 100A saloon/estate - another car of which I ended up with a diecast model before seeing a real one! Like that Toyota mentioned above.

ReRi, here's a JDM version without the black thingies. Better like this?

Posted Image

Oh yes tonnes better Michiel! Don't think we got them like that here. Wonder what the black bits are for, just replacing a defunct bit of light for a different market? What's a JDM version? Japanese -something- Market?

I'm desperately waiting for models of other Datsuns like the 120Y Sunny to be made, but they're a long time coming.

There's a few cheap ones by Norev coming out of China on ebay. Latest is a Datsun Violet SSS (KP710). I just got one in the post this morning and it's way nicer than it looks in pics. They've done a nice Datsun Sunny 1000 (B10) too.

Posted Image

Oh, and JDM is Japanese Domestic Market :)

That Datsun Cherry 120A Coupe is an absolute stunner so much so that i`ve now got it as my background wallpaper.You can count the number of these left in the UK on the fingers of one hand.There were a rare site even when new.I think i`ve only seen two others at car shows in recent years.DatsunCherry on here has one i believe.

That Datsun Cherry 120A Coupe is an absolute stunner so much so that i`ve now got it as my background wallpaper.You can count the number of these left in the UK on the fingers of one hand.There were a rare site even when new.I think i`ve only seen two others at car shows in recent years.DatsunCherry on here has one i believe.

Is it the coupe version of your car? I don't recall seeing a real one before. I bought my model of it, obviously knowing it must have been based on a real car, but it seemed a bit of an oddity to me with a front end like your 100A but a back end like an FII Cherry coupe but with steeper curves!

Yes the 120A is the coupe version of my car so it has the same front end but the windscreen is smaller in depth and it has the 5 bearing 1171cc engine,the same as the 120Y, but mounted transversely.The coupe was available from early 1973 to 1976 when it was replaced by the F11 120A coupe.