Spotted's Spottings (2023 final holiday updates 08/10/23)

Spottedlaurel

Posted Image

Nice little village scene in North Suffolk. Garage looks like it was once the blacksmiths and is still working. Recently saw an SEC just like this, maybe even this one, driven by the most spectacularly upper-crust looking couple who must have been nearing their 90's if not older. Perfect.

and as it is a J reg, it'll probably be worth a pretty penny too! £10K maybe? Must be one of the last.

Posted Image

The Holt Flyer! We got a ride on this, runs between the steam railway station and town. My daughter bawled all the way there as she didn't get the front seat on the upper deck :oops: so we were hugely early for it on the way back :lol: Not good on the faster open road journey back...

Kids eh? They get so het up over the smallest things! We stayed in a friend's house, (or rather house-sat) in Baconsthorpe a couple of years ago with Holt just down the road. We saw the Routemaster but didn't ride on it. We did take the train to somewhere, I can't remember where though! :oops: Does it have much of a route? I have a feeling we took it to Sheringham which is as far as it goes!

• 2 months later...

(Blows large cloud of dust and cobwebs off this thread)

Sorry it's been a while on this one, lack of my own camera plus general busy-ness plus sorter days have all conspired against me. So, what have I seen since August?...

Posted Image

Mrs SL got these trucks for me in Norwich. Think there was another Rod of some description with them.

Posted Image

Nice P6 (with child seat) seen when on the C32 collection mission.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Justy at NT property.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just for Pog. A terribly familiar registration on this, would have been loads of DX stuff seen by my impressionable eyes back in the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both these tucked away on a walk around the NT place. Haven't seen one of those L300 vans for a very long time, haven't checked DVLA but it's been while since this has been on the road I imagine.

Posted Image

Accidental spot seen while turning round to take a picture of....

Posted Image

Nice patina.

Posted Image

My old 323F GT, as posted here before. Was up for £100, had gone when we went past yesterday.

Posted Image

He also had this for sale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Proper Ameri-shite.

Posted Image

Have I included this before? Regularly seen as it lives just up the road from the SL in-laws, comedy matching house colours for the full effect.

Posted Image

Difficult to know which to go for here.

Posted Image

I plumped for this, as it was in perfect condition for us. A Yarmouth seafront spot.

More to come, including my SPOT OF THE YEAR.

SPOT OF THE YEAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

How much more wonderful could this be? Useless car, shabby condition, down-at-heel location near the scrapyards and old docks in Yarmouth. I recall them like this 20-25 years ago.

Posted Image

This was in a nearby yard, to be raced I imagine judging by everything else around it.

Posted Image

This was in the same area. Mrs SL loves it when I stop for stuff like this, she immediately locks the doors in case of mad people trying to get in the car.

Posted Image

Rather nice. Must take a piccy of the old Jag that's on a friend's driveway, stripped for racing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've done drawings for four of these Toyota "Retail Concept" things now, one new-build and three refits like this. Worth visiting because...

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Wuvvum-mobile was parked round the back of the adjacent Ford dealers. Regrettably I don't think it was one of the Used Cars they had for sale.

Posted Image

While not such an interesting subject, this also goes in the same category as the aircraft carrier spot. I want this belong to some gnarly old country boy of about 93.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thrilling action sequence here to rival Michiel's 'old man putting a Civic into a garage' photos. I love these Galants. This one was chock-full of crap, up to the waistline everywhere except the driver's seat. Didn't sound in great condition.

Posted Image

Scene alert. Continually amazed by how many modified VW's (water and air) I see around.

Posted Image

Case in point. May have included this before? I don't know, they all look the same to me...

Have got one or two lurking on the work PC, try and get them up this week but that's it for now.

Excellent stuff! You just made me realize I posted the Civic pics in the wrong order, he was actually taking it out of the garage... that neighbourhood is full of old people ánd garages, I always wonder how many great old cars are kept in them. Maybe I'll have to print a couple of hundred posters and stick them on all the doors - 'if you have a cool car and want to get rid of it call me!'

So much excellent stuff there! Shouldn't surprise many here when I say my fave's the model A pick up. What a beauty!! But, has the law regarding fenders (or mud-guards as we quaintly call them) changed? I remember from my Custom Car reading days, that it was impossible to run an authentic style American Hot Rod because it was illegal to have naked wheels. Is that no longer the case, or do people just ignore it?

SPOT OF THE YEAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure this was the one Barrett's of Aldeby had for sale about five years ago. There can't be that many Norfolk-plate Silver Fox Mk4 Executives around... I had one of those in metallic bronze - hilarious to drive, wheelspin everywhere and corners like an elephant on a skateboard.

Like that little 121 - I've only ever seen one other 121 in the Norwich area and that's a little turquoise 1100. Saw a burgundy Suntop in Leicester the other day though.

Silly me, forgot to post this one:

Posted Image

Had a chat, seemed like a 2CV fan as I think he said he had another one which was going to be used on Trans-Africa rally? Good to see this one in use though, nicely tatty condition.

Edit: Saw the Astra van again yesterday, it’s been cleaned!

HAHA!! I A- framed that Acadiane back from near Northallerton, North Yorks, to my now ex.girlfriends place, near bracon ash, Norfolk. It was framed using a 652cc Dyane based jeep - that was Fu3king hardcore, i can tell ya! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ah, found a couple of pic’s and there may be more lurking on the work PC.

Posted Image

Seen this again since, nice.

Posted Image

Grey import curio, it’s a Nissan Cima and has a 4.1 V8. Spoke to its owner, an American serviceman, and have subsequently had a call saying it’s for sale. Got his number…

A few taken on the work camera last year…

Posted Image

Lowly-spec early Primera. Near neighbours have had an M-reg saloon with black bumpers ever since we’ve lived in our house, 10 years now, which has become increasingly shite-worthy over time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rather purposeful and unusual Steyr, would have been a big tractor back in its day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

While never being a Ford person, I’ve always rather admired the 2.8i Capris. Nextdoor-but-one still has his D-plate example which is sitting unused under a tree, very sad.

Posted Image

Scene #1. Rake!

Posted Image

Scene #2, nothing to do with the one above. Amazing how many modded VW’s are about, water-cooled stuff too like very low Polos and Golfs.

Posted Image

Rather different scene here.

Posted Image

Any guesses? Could be agricultural, there was a tractor under a tarp nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather chunky update today, with pic's from last week's ECA auction and autojumble plus a few other oddities seen out and about. Househunting has been giving a good excuse for exploring quiet bits of countryside.

Posted Image

Suspect Capri will probably end up being raced. Marea an example of the fleet of these things the local company runs.

Posted Image

Rickman I think? Odd 10-spoke wheels. Near neighbours to my hopeful new place have a 1980's Ginetta abandoned on their driveway, which bodes well.

Posted Image

In-car spy shot.

Posted Image

Not really shite, but seemed rather incongruous in my in-laws' street.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mrs SL didn't fancy regularly passing this and a load of scrap appliances on a private lane accessing one house we viewed, so that one got ditched.

Posted Image

Rubbish shot, but it was raining fairly unpleasantly at the time.

Posted Image

Mid 80's-tastic! This has just appeared round the corner from work. ECA stuff to come, breakfast awaits...

Hi im new here, niel up top showed me the link yesterday, that shed of a yellow van is mine, its a beast. gonna have to watch her if people are taking sneaky snaps while im at work. :D

Hi im new here, niel up top showed me the link yesterday, that shed of a yellow van is mine, its a beast. gonna have to watch her if people are taking sneaky snaps while im at work. :D

Welcome! Hope you don't mind about the van being posted, can take it off if you like. I do try to be careful about not saying where things are too precisely - all I will say is that wasn't the sort of thing I'd expect to see parked up at that establishment :wink:

Sorry, that was a rather long breakfast wasn’t it? First up are the things of note to us that were inside the ECA auction hall:

Posted Image

This looked very tidy, made somewhere around a grand?

Posted Image

Not sure if the owners are deliberately putting stuff like this into the auction, or whether the auctioneers are diverting cars that would go into their normal p/ex-type sales. £300-400 on this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was listed as an import, I imagine it was one of those UK-built CKD things? Went for £100 or so, bit unclear whether it had an MoT.

Posted Image

This was an auto.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This looked very clean. Went for just under £1500 IIRC, was up at £3000 BIN on eBay within a few days (local dealer).

You can see the other sort of stuff they had in the background, all fairly predictable. Car park spots to come.

OK, let’s take around the car park now shall we?

Posted Image

Couple of angular sporting saloon jobs.

Posted Image

Daft wheels.

Posted Image

Followed this on the way up, looked tidy.

Posted Image

Different examples of 1985 luxury. And some abandoned children…

Posted Image

Seth will like.

Posted Image

Doubtless one of the 2CV mafi will recognise this, rare I put up something they don’t!

Posted Image

On a related note, this was rather special.

Posted Image

Not seen this one around before.

Posted Image

R-Rer Marinanut’s recently refurbed Ital.

Posted Image

Representing Marina saloons was this one neatly hiding behind its uncle.

Posted Image

And for coupes, this nice one. Didn’t see any vans or pickups though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice.

Posted Image

This 99GL was for sale at £750, got the number.

Posted Image

Amazing how rare these have become so quickly.

Posted Image

Great colour.

Posted Image

I’ll leave you with this one for now, sorry. Lots more to come.

More…

Posted Image

Nice look about this, not too shiny.

Posted Image

Ditto this. The kind of car some old country boy would have tootled around in circa 1980 (I do remember one just like that).

Posted Image

Patina, as real as above though?

Posted Image

Pandamonium?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this HB. Sometimes see it at our monthly R-R meet as it’s his local.

Posted Image

Think this was a previous ECA sale. The blue one next to it is a 1600LS which is way back on this thread somewhere.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gave the owner a card. This is his only car, been using it for about five years now he said and gets something like 50mpg!

Posted Image

Wouldn’t be my choice of colour for one of these.

Posted Image

Wuv-mobile! And a sister car too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Raked Chuvit. IMO needs trim rings on the wheels if they’re going to be black on a dark car.

Posted Image

SD1 had an unmolested look. A DDX…T number was on a neighbour’s Marina back in the day.

Posted Image

Lovely pair of ‘60s cars, don’t know which one I prefer most.

Posted Image

Transit #1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Transit #2. What a great Autoshite team bus this would make.

Posted Image

Posted Image

More patina.

Posted Image

I liked this.

Posted Image

Chrome CD back bumper added to the effect. X-reg quite early?

Posted Image

Nice styling on these.

Posted Image

Sporty, but a bit fragile for a Nissan.

Think that’s it. Good spread of stuff for January, there was lots more but couldn’t get round everything with the children in tow.