Spotted's Spottings (2023 final holiday updates 08/10/23)

Spottedlaurel

Some great photos there SL!, Where did you see this Land Rover?, It must of started at the port when it was fairly new as the asset number is very low.

Posted Image

Seems to have been sat a while. Series III, so post-1971/2. Appears to be a 6-cylinder too with that zorst!

Love that round headlamp Astra. I'd imagine that in later life 2nd or 3rd owners would actively search scrapyards just to replace them with the 'upmarket' trapezoid ones. That Golf is also gorgeous - despite the half arsed attempt to add those somewhat pointless front additions - I think you either have to go the full hog with the lowered suspension, ATS wheels and spikey hair or just leave it as intended. I have to say I try and stick to a pre '85 rule too - even in my mind thats still too recent but the pickings are sometime too thin to stick to that rule.

I take photos of a lot of stuff up to the early-90s, it's nigh-on 20 years old after all and getting scarce. But if I didn't impose that limit on this update I'd be here forever...

A few more:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was due to be sold by its owner after getting a bit of work done at the local garage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hadn't intended for all these Alfas to end up together, just the way it worked out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Round the back of a dealer's, but fortunately not scrappage.

Posted Image

Opportune spot when I was taking photos of an old dealership.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Early JDM import. I found an ad for the place in Norwich that used to import these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Garage where Greengartside went to view a 205. Both the VDP and 5 have gone now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that's it. Apologies if a couple strayed larger than 800p wide.

Oooh, that BMW Touring is supa_kool.

what he said.The blue Golf is the spit of one my mate's mum had when I were a nipper, although that one was totally rotten.Where abouts is the Merc coupe parked? those houses in the background look amazing.

• 3 months later...

ProgRocker, yes about the Sunny B11. Hope they haven't scrapped it by now. I don't go up there very often, any chance of finding out please?

Barrett, the Mercedes was parked at Snape Maltings in Suffolk.

Time for another update, which again if possible I'll try and keep to pre-85 but I reserve the right to chuck in anything newer if I like it.

Posted Image

Norfolk Reliant mecca. There were more, though nothing pre-Rialto. And nothing yellow with false patina and the usual signwriting…

Posted Image

Haybaling, tractor shite style.

Posted Image

Nice old lady owned this 1.6GL since new, it’s done 44k. Might be coming up for sale later this year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worthy of front and rear shots.

Posted Image

Ford Tracer, South African version of the good old 323. Made until at least 2000 it would seem. Initially I thought it was a Sao Penza, which I suppose it is in a way.

Posted Image

Flaminia 2.5.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My recent Malvern magazine mission turned up a few good sights.

Posted Image

Big Triumph show was on down there, but this was the best shot I got of cars en-route there. Bristol 400 with a 2-litre engine.

Posted Image

Always liked these.

Posted Image

Posh shite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not posh shite. I’d managed to get to Malvern so early I had time to take in a boot sale, always likely to turn up some gem.

Posted Image

In the process of being scened-up, though at least no fake rusty panels.

Posted Image

Mk4 Zodiac bonnet badge?

Posted Image

Compare and contrast. I hope to buy this non-Sport 2.2 later in the year. Done 200k.

Posted Image

Unexpected sight at the local Budgen’s. Bonus odd-wheeled Frontera content.

Posted Image

I’d seen this on the road a day or two beforehand, then it turned up outside my office window.

Posted Image

Amazing what still turns up. Locally-registered 127, must find out about this. But the curtains are always shut, don’t want to disturb them if they work shifts or are serial killers or something.

That’ll do for the moment. Just about to get into a rather fruitful weekend from a trip to London.

And more…

Posted Image

For sale in Essex. As I was taking photos another W123 drove past, an immaculate greeny/yellow T-reg saloon.

Posted Image

Can’t drive past the wonderful Derek J. Ketteringham place without stopping.

Posted Image

Another North Circular spot.

Posted Image

Another interesting old thing for sale, could have amassed quite a fleet if I purchased everything I saw that was up for grabs over the same weekend’s journeying about. This is a 1-litre tarmac-shredding monster.

Posted Image

Back in London again. So much stuff down there that I didn’t manage to get photos of, like a Fiat 1500 not far from here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These were right near each other. 305 surprised me by being a petrol, and I was concentrating so much on it that I missed the Lancia.

Posted Image

Rather impressive. 7-odd litres of big block V8…

Posted Image

OMG Audi 200 5T Turbo mega-spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Delightfully brown, with odd accident damage.

Posted Image

For me, this absolutely epitomizes oval racing. Sadly the historic Hot Rds weren’t racing at Spedeweekend, but the old Stock Cars were and very good they were too.

Crikey, still another two months to update…

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Varied selection from the SCCON Midsummer Classic run around Norfolk, which we sullied with our presence in the Laurel.

Posted Image

Selection hiding in a farm. Crayford Argo at the back, and I think the old Ford is an Anglia rather than later Popular.

Posted Image

Faded glory.

Posted Image

Czech out this Zetor tractor shite.

Posted Image

Big BMW at the Masonic Lodge, a 1978 733.

Posted Image

Not been off the road that long.

Posted Image

Body on this came from an even older D-Series which I’d photographed here previously.

Posted Image

Posted Image

New friends for the 2000 Touring.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Decaying ‘proper’ classics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These people seem to be living the dream.

Posted Image

Father Christmas taking his summer hol’s in Bury St Edmunds. So as to travel low key he uses this Micra, which both Trigger and I have seen on a few occasions. He has a selection of different hats inside, presumably for disguise.

More to come, but later. Or maybe not the next week or two.

Fab spots as always Nigel! I love the black Saab 99 Turbo.

I'm still amazied by all the old stuff still about in this area, I went out last night and forgot my camera and saw a Fiat Strada 130TC on the A12 and a V reg Renault 5 in Manningtree alone!

Posted Image

Another interesting old thing for sale, could have amassed quite a fleet if I purchased everything I saw that was up for grabs over the same weekend’s journeying about. This is a 1-litre tarmac-shredding monster.

Close Motor Finance...East Street, Southend?

Like the pictures of the old man's FB Victor! I'll take the Fiat 127 and the brown Datsun Sunny please 8)

Nice spots!

Scimitar coupe

Blimey, those 2 together are worth a fair bit even as parts i would have thought. Wonder why they are out there? Prices for P1800's seems to have rocketed in the last few years.

Mates dad used to have one rotting behind his house. Finally became so rotten he just got shot of it. Would like to get an ES put a modern dizzler in it and use it as a wagon for carting bikes etc. Or any shooting brake really. Economy & performance wrapped up in class.

Great update as always SL, even though Ive seen them on flickr its amazing what you still see out there. That CF tipper has lasted well considering the amount of time its apparently not been in use. The Audi is one of the best spots this year, for sure.

Great update as always SL, even though Ive seen them on flickr its amazing what you still see out there. That CF tipper has lasted well considering the amount of time its apparently not been in use. The Audi is one of the best spots this year, for sure.

Indeed.

That Audi 200 is one of the best spots of the year, and I'm very happy to say that I've managed to buy it!

A BIG thanks to Spottedlaurel for his help, top man!

Now that's cheered me up! Tell us more!

I've been after one for over two years. :D

I stumbled across SL's pictures on flickr, found out where it was, rang up the owner and bought it unseen over the phone!

It's been off the road since 1996 but has a new MOT and is allegedly pretty solid, which is a bonus as most are complete basket cases. I'm picking it up in 10 days and then its off for a respray. :D

I am chuffed about the 200 going to a new owner on here. Even without that it would have been one of my best finds, I was sufficiently curious about it to ring up myself the day after I saw it - I dreaded to think it was sitting there waiting for the scrapman or something.

I'm really looking forward to finding out more once it's had the respray etc. A fantastic car to have within the Autoshite circle.

Similarly, and by coincidence not very far away, Baz and Trigger you will both be familiar with this at Needham Market?

Posted Image

Only it's not there any more, as of a week or two ago a Flickr member who got in touch with me bought it for restoration. He somehow managed to trace the owner once I'd pointed him in the right direction, predictably a chap of some age but pretty sharp, and after what seems to have been a lengthy period of negotiation he bought it. It's something I've been seeing for years, somehow the journey now won't be quite the same but I'll feel a little sense of pride knowing why it's gone.

Similarly, and by coincidence not very far away, Baz and Trigger you will both be familiar with this at Needham Market?

Posted Image

Tucked in the bushes near the lake/low bridge IIRC? :)