Spotted's Spottings (2023 final holiday updates 08/10/23)

Spottedlaurel

Posted Image

Big surprise to see one of these still about. Not quite sure what's going on with rear tailgate however.

Posted Image[/url]

ageshack.us]

Police-spec rims on the shuvit give me the horn.

Love the 504. My dad had a beige saloon one with crunchy gearbox.

And Mrs.Weasel's folks had a wagon one from new - before crass 'people carriers' were introduced, the 504 was the only option for folk like they wit h 5 kids.

A vasectomy would have been cheaper , mind.

This might interest one or two people here. Fulvia Zagato isn't it? Same place had one or two other interesting cars I could just about glimpse in a shed.

Posted Image

Nice find, hardly common even when they were new. Can't be too many left in the UK? This one looks tidy but not perfect - ideal for being used.

Nice spotting! Fulvia Zagato indeed, just like the one I sold recently for ex-Beloved. :( We were going through Italy in our Fiat 500 with about 10 other cars, and this geezer turned up in his Zagato - thought it would be a better bet than his own 500 - and she fell in love with it. A couple of years later I inherited some money, and bought it for her. When we split up, she wanted rid, so it went the way of the bay. Wish I'd had the cash, as I'd have had it ...Pics to follow

Big surprise to see one of these still about. Not quite sure what's going on with rear tailgate however.

Posted Image

So easy to picture an old codger owner faffing about all day making that thing round the lock button and then proudly pointing it out to 'interested parties'

'There! What do you think of that then? Not bad eh?'

'Whats it for?'

'Whats it for? Its for keeping the ruddy lock button dry! What else would it be for?'

'Oh... good idea. very nice. Come on lets get in the house before it starts to rain' etc etc.

BEATEN TO IT BY S.L!!!! :roll:

I've been waiting to catch that DS (in Barking near Needham Market, right?) out of it's garage for ages....Ever since getting my camera, it's always been tucked away....Or out :(

Did You spot the abandoned white Lancia Y10 lurking forlornly in it's driveway, further along that road in Nedging Tye???

If I were wearing a hat, it would be off to You sir....You are a superior Shite-snapper, simple as that! :)

BEATEN TO IT BY S.L!!!! :roll:

I've been waiting to catch that DS (in Barking near Needham Market, right?) out of it's garage for ages....Ever since getting my camera, it's always been tucked away....Or out :(

Did You spot the abandoned white Lancia Y10 lurking forlornly in it's driveway, further along that road in Nedging Tye???

If I were wearing a hat, it would be off to You sir....You are a superior Shite-snapper, simple as that! :)

Correct! As I said, first time I'd seen that DS and I've been driving through there regularly for a few years now. Sometimes used to be a Minor across the road, but I've never seen the Y10 - must try harder! Place down the road often has oldish cars too, think there was a 2CV this time (saw several yesterday, including home-built pickup). Also, you seen the small collection of stuff as you come out of Needham Market?

Is there still a big hoard of stuff in a garden in Brettenham? Last time I saw it was late 80's, daresay it's gone now.

Anyone got an answer about the colour or late date for the DS?

Also, you seen the small collection of stuff as you come out of Needham Market?

Yep....Know where You mean....White 2cv Beachcomber, pale metallic blue Montego estate, red (faded almost to pink) & white Hi-Ace (Mk2???....Late seventies anyway) Campervan. He also used to have a red Cherry F11 saloon with it's OSF wing missing.... 8)

Made the critical mistake of knocking on the door seeking permission to snap this find a while back....He was out, and his really strange daughter answered the door....She Ummmed n Ahhhed, and eventually decided that she couldn't give me permission without his permission....Bitch! :evil:

That was a big dent to my already shaky Shite-spotting confidence very early on, so my advice on these is to snap'n'run! :D

Regarding the DS....It was out there under a tarp for quite a while, and it's current condition (shiny) doesn't look like a car that's lived outside....Maybe it's been resprayed/restored recently? Would suggest the colour is original '70s Citroen as I recall seeing it in early CX/GS brochures too....

P-Reg is right for a very late DS....My childhood next-door neighbour had a P-Reg D Super....Probably the car that sparked my passion for all Automotive things French.... :)

Also, you seen the small collection of stuff as you come out of Needham Market?

Yep....Know where You mean....White 2cv Beachcomber, pale metallic blue Montego estate, red (faded almost to pink) & white Hi-Ace (Mk2???....Late seventies anyway) Campervan. He also used to have a red Cherry F11 saloon with it's OSF wing missing.... 8)

Made the critical mistake of knocking on the door seeking permission to snap this find a while back....He was out, and his really strange daughter answered the door....She Ummmed n Ahhhed, and eventually decided that she couldn't give me permission without his permission....Bitch! :evil:

That was a big dent to my already shaky Shite-spotting confidence very early on, so my advice on these is to snap'n'run! :D

Amusing that we keep treading the same ground! I too knocked on the door asking about the Cherry and met the same daughter....... Seen a Triumph 2000/2500 there too IIRC.

Most of my photos are done quickly - I'm on public property where I take them, and most times you know it'll be really tedious if you ask permission. If the car was top secret it'd be hidden away right? It's not like I'm giving a grid reference for each picture. Also I'd probably be a bit shy :oops: , besides which it'll probably belong to some maddo who'll either murder you or keep you talking for hours.

Here's a few more from the last week.....

This was where I went to do a survey, which was also home to the big double-cab forward-control Land Rover monster I photographed a couple of weeks back.

Posted Image

OK, not a car I know but it was old, rusty and I was taking pictures of the barn so it seemed silly not to. A Douglas so the badge said.

Posted Image

Not the Subaru I saw recently, there's lots around here! Thought this one and the Panda nestled up in the haystack made a nice pair.

Posted Image

Probably my favourite find of the week, looks like a TC coupe despite missing badge. Journeys are getting slower as my eyes look up every driveway.

Posted Image

Is there any documented evidence of full-grown adults actually sleeping in these things?

Posted Image

Nearly missed this one.

Posted Image

Which was next to this Transit dropside. I'd actually stopped to investigate some old truck bodies (no Roadline) and these were hiding behind.

Posted Image

Drive past this every day, there's been other old stuff here before which I really should have photographed. In same village I sometimes see an L-plate Regal van - looks very tatty but great to see it still in use.

Posted Image

Photographed a Scirocco, Alfa 33 and others here recently. They seem to have gone, but this has already turned up instead.

Posted Image

Wouldn't usually bother with something like this, but can't resist a bit of overgrown grass. When I was young it would be tatty Corsairs and suchlike sat like this, kids in the future will be nostalgic about this one day (I hope).

Posted Image

Fairly early for a Mk3 saloon? These Granadas amuse me - started off with just a hatchback to replace saloon and estate, but eventually went full circle and saloon and estate replaced hatch. Another of my office window spots.

Posted Image

Drive past this every day, there's been other old stuff here before which I really should have photographed. In same village I sometimes see an L-plate Regal van - looks very tatty but great to see it still in use.

Posted Image

IIiinteresting. When I was up your way t'other month I spotted on several occasions a very ropey looking (green?) regal van pottering about, trailing blue smoke & generally dicing with death amongst the new stuff.....

Location / friendliness of owner of the land rover?That one appears to be an ex-military jusdging by the double-bumper. May be worth salvaging, even if only for the military bits or the ID.....

I'll try, but it's not immediately obvious who they belong to or where to ask. Yard nextdoor is always closed (wonder what that's hiding?).

Not really shite, but something for Mr B? £500 seemed a bit steep as T&T were both this autumn, but arches seemed fairly good.

Posted Image

Despite it's relative modernity, this Thunderbird really looked rubbish and seemed worthy of including here. Terrible proportions.

Posted Image

Another of those cars I have a dilemma about when snapping. Thing is, it's 18 years old, and if I think back to when I was 18 I'd have been impressed to see a car as old as me. Also, you never know when the last time will be that you see a particular model until you never see it again, see what I mean?

Posted Image

IIiinteresting. When I was up your way t'other month I spotted on several occasions a very ropey looking (green?) regal van pottering about, trailing blue smoke & generally dicing with death amongst the new stuff.....

Scary, must mean there are more about as the one I see is blue. Burst out laughing on way to and from work today when I saw a very enthusiastically driven Rialto coming in the opposite direction (yes, saw it twice, even funnier the second time).

Another of those cars I have a dilemma about when snapping. Thing is, it's 18 years old, and if I think back to when I was 18 I'd have been impressed to see a car as old as me. Also, you never know when the last time will be that you see a particular model until you never see it again, see what I mean?

Posted Image

I had one EXACTLY like that! (G373SGU)

I bought it for a bargain £200 after it popped a hose on the test drive.

After i fixed that (and the poorly choke) it ran beautifully for 6 months as my general 'survey wagon', spending it's days loaded up with kit & trogging across muddy fields & building sites and being caned to within an inch of its life up and down the motorway.

It used a fair bit of oil by the end and eventually the rear suspension gave up, but it was the best £200 I ever spent. Esp, as at the time it was the biggest engined / fastest car I had owned.

I liked it so much I replaced it with an identical spec one (but much better bodyily & mechanically) which I mildly 'modified', only to have it promptly thieved by pikies. (H471XGK)

I'd have another tomorrow, should the need arise. 1.6 8-valver for the win!

• 2 weeks later...

All the activity here tonight has inspired me to do a little update.

Yay, yet another of those Subarus - and there's still more I see as yet unphotographed.

Posted Image

Another office window spot.

Posted Image

OK, not very shite but I often see it in everyday use. Who remembers what the angular grey object is on the right? Have photographed it before.

Posted Image

Seen this about before, caught it when on the way to last week's RR monthly meet-up. Nice that two 25yr old J-cars are still knocking about.

Posted Image

Line-up at our monthly meet - Autoshiters welcome too!

Posted Image

OK, I know it's a no-brainer Minor but its setting on the council estate where my single mum sister-in-law has just moved set it off nicely.

Posted Image

Check the stickers! Ipswich Speedway was a big thing where I lived back in the 70's, it takes a special kind of person to be this fanatical about it still - respect!

Posted Image

Maybe not shite yet, but 155s surely will be soon. Rude not to snap it anyway as I walked past with the camera (whch made the people you see laugh at me :? )

Posted Image

That 280ZX is stalking me. Saw it out of the office window today, warranting a trip downstairs not just the usual snap through a dirty pane of glass. Seen it parked here before, so suspect it's just coincidence that there's a 350Z behind it.

Posted Image

Saw the Carlton again tonight, price now dropped to £300. Pity it's not an estate....

Had a fruitful trip up to North Norfolk yesterday.

Posted Image

Owners of this used to have a rough C-reg Commer camper.

Posted Image

Been seeing this around for a few years now. I like them, even when new I was impressed by how it changed the appearance from the saloon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Odd. I'm guessing milk-float chassis, but that looks like a proper coachbuilt body not something knocked up for the advertising space.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

House-shite? Nice views, sea is on the horizon, but you'd expect that for £975k..... Garage could hold 4-6 cars :D but house was 70's-tastic inside. About to have lots spent on it and all those things will doubtless go :cry: Would have been a good Autoshite HQ, nice big flat lawn for storing 'projects'. Some Datsuns are the same colour as that toilet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

P6 in a farm opposite this.......

Posted Image

Prospective Autoshite HQ #2? Nice bloke who runs it, had a chat with him.

Posted Image

A-plate MkIII.

Posted Image

This is a 4-cyl jobbie, but is about to have Marina TC B-series shoved in, then eventually a Rover V8, if it doesn't sell first for £600 or so. Last on road in 2003.

Posted Image

Busy week!

Posted Image

A different pair of American cars were on this driveway recently.

Posted Image

This Zodiac doesn't seem to have moved for at least 4-5 years as I recall.

Posted Image

Seemed good value at £195, looked very tidy. SD1 Vitesse next to it belongs to a fellow RRer who lives locally, has 4.6-litre twin plenum lump. Comes to our monthly meet, sounds ace!

Posted Image

Random Supra.

Posted Image

Very clean Prairie. These make a great van, on my wanted list so if anyone sees one for sale.......

Posted Image

Same stretch of village contained garden with at least two Themas and a Delta.......

Posted Image

And 2CV........

Posted Image

A dead 1300 Countryman :cry: ..........

Posted Image

And a mouldy 5. There's something about the way the bumpers and steel wheels work on these early ones that interests me.

Posted Image

These always seemed a bit pointless, so definitely shite.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8779/imgp1106gd8.jpg

Another of my desired estates.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3417/imgp1105ei7.jpg

Grey import Toyota, some form of Camry I think.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9144/imgp1104mp3.jpg

Relatively unmolested RS Turbo, shame about the rear spoiler.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/765/imgp1100cr4.jpg

There were a few opther predictable classics dotted around near this unit. Don't know if this is due to be scrapped or for resto.

All above spotted on one 20-mile rural journey from site back to office.

Yet more brill spots there.

£195 does seem like good value for that Polo - I had one & thrashed it up and down the M4 twice a week for nine months; brill! Was the 'Formel E' version with the long 4th gear for 'cruising' (not that kind...... :shock: )

Theres a very similar Merc SL at my local garage - they're asking £2500. Looks a bit ropey, but maybe worth a pop?