A new vehicle I would own....

whitevanman

Thanks to feeling down about missing cars and would I ever like to own a new car etc, I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if they still made them I quite fancied a Hindustan Ambassador.......so of trawlling the net and loh.... I came upon this most mighty of steeds......and I so badly want it 8):oops::oops:

http://www.hmambassador.com/pdf/Veer-Leaflet.pdf

I am tottaly in love........

Thanks to feeling down about missing cars and would I ever like to own a new car etc, I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if they still made them I quite fancied a Hindustan Ambassador.......so of trawlling the net and loh.... I came upon this most mighty of steeds......and I so badly want it 8):oops::oops:

http://www.hmambassador.com/pdf/Veer-Leaflet.pdf

I am tottaly in love........

Nah. Was a place in Wales that did it, but it didn't last long. Guess there just wasn't a market for £9000 50 year old cars! They should have slapped a Danbury badge on the side and raised the asking price by several times. It might have worked then... GR8 RETRO CAMPER. BRING A DUVET. KIP ON BACK SEAT!

Nah. Was a place in Wales that did it, but it didn't last long. Guess there just wasn't a market for £9000 50 year old cars! They should have slapped a Danbury badge on the side and raised the asking price by several times. It might have worked then... GR8 RETRO CAMPER. BRING A DUVET. KIP ON BACK SEAT!

I remember Fullbore Motors were importing them into the UK in the early 1990s, they also had a go at importing some basic spec Tatra 613s, different to the ones Tim Bishop was trying to import at the same time.

When I was in India last year, on my ropey old factories of the world tour, I spoke to a bloke about the Ambassadors. He said that recently they were made of thinner gauge steel so weren't as well thought of as the older ones. I guess that NCAP stars haven't made it as far as India because the general feeling was the Hindustan was safer in a crash than new cars.

I remember Fullbore Motors were importing them into the UK in the early 1990s, they also had a go at importing some basic spec Tatra 613s, different to the ones Tim Bishop was trying to import at the same time.

When I was in India last year, on my ropey old factories of the world tour, I spoke to a bloke about the Ambassadors. He said that recently they were made of thinner gauge steel so weren't as well thought of as the older ones. I guess that NCAP stars haven't made it as far as India because the general feeling was the Hindustan was safer in a crash than new cars.