OMG epic bodywork weldathon

Des

I popped out just before midnight to quickly tack a bit of tin behind this hole, so it could take a skim of filler.

img31330z.jpg

Found a curled up offcut on the floor, hammered it flat, then got carried away with the hammer.

img31331.jpg

And turned a 5 min job into an hour, I need to direct my energy and manage my time better.

img31332.jpg

It is indeed a petrol flap, I made the curve by tapping the tin around a big socket, while clamped to it in a vice, takes lots of little taps gradually working around back and forth, so that the curved part thickens as it folds, to take up the excess rather than it making ripples, the curve along its length was by bending over a deep socket, this time tapping the folded bit to thin and stretch it.

It is indeed a petrol flap, I made the curve by tapping the tin around a big socket, while clamped to it in a vice, takes lots of little taps gradually working around back and forth, so that the curved part thickens as it folds, to take up the excess rather than it making ripples, the curve along its length was by bending over a deep socket, this time tapping the folded bit to thin and stretch it.

With all this talk about hammering over sockets...Luxo should be along any minute :mrgreen: