--

7663770716_c2e1075632.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro by Dan Hirst?, on Flickr

These have a nice back end, but I didn't take a picture of it, because there were too many leather waistcoats in shot around the general area.

For the Autoshite jury to make an informed decision on the rear end properties of a Gen 4 Camaro I present the two I owned, the silver one being the slightly later design.

camaro3.jpg

Z28RrRi.jpg

7663764576_49a098e3ea.jpg

I love this it was on ebay a couple of years ago needing minor work, it had done around 13,000 miles from new. Looks like its had a respray since then (same colour) the sills need to be painted black again. Im glad it hasn't been spoilt (yet) I love the Linnet and there are so few left. Do you have any more pictures of it?

Always liked those boggo Angleboxes, but never understood the economics of ditching the piece of smiley pressed tin and replacing it with two holes with expensive sidelights to fill them. Sounds more BMC than Ford... :wink:

I don't think there was much in the way of actual economics involved. I think it was all about style: "Look at me, I can afford a De Luxe! You can tell because my Anglia has a real shiny grille instead of some painted bars!" and further up the range: "Look at me, I can afford a Super, it's got shiny trim on the side flash, and the roof is a different colour!" This stuff meant something in the 60s, before everybody got power steering, electic windows, aircon, power seats, blah blah.

Excellent pics, btw, and the captions are fun too. Thank you!

Always liked those boggo Angleboxes, but never understood the economics of ditching the piece of smiley pressed tin and replacing it with two holes with expensive sidelights to fill them. Sounds more BMC than Ford... :wink:

I don't think there was much in the way of actual economics involved. I think it was all about style: "Look at me, I can afford a De Luxe! You can tell because my Anglia has a real shiny grille instead of some painted bars!" and further up the range: "Look at me, I can afford a Super, it's got shiny trim on the side flash, and the roof is a different colour!" This stuff meant something in the 60s, before everybody got power steering, electic windows, aircon, power seats, blah blah.

It didn't die out in the 60's - any sales rep can pick out a trim level at 100 yards and tell you where the driver supposedly sits in the food chain. Ford have always been crafty with different sets of alloys, painted / chromed bits etc etc to visually separate the trim levels.

... Do you have any more pictures of it?

I took a couple of snaps in here

Thanks for the link alot of good photos in there I liked the one of the Audi 80 ( i agree worthy of a pic) and the sheepdog by the Transit. If yourself or anyone spots that Linnet at another show any chance of getting a picture of its red interior, cheers.

I saw the blue GS on the outskirts of Leeds on Friday night. What a fabulous car :D

It really is. Belonged to a mate of mine until he sold it (this year I think, maybe last). I was lucky enough to get chauffered around Gloucestershire in it in May last year. Waftamatic.

Was going to say wasn't that Julian Kettleborough's old GS?