toddler autoshite...

triumph1300

Anyone seen one of these before? I've just got hold of this for nothing from a mate, looks pretty cool but its my project for my boys 3rd birthday.

Him or his parents don't remeber about manufacturer names etc as they bought it around 20 years ago, so just wondered if anyone has seen one?

IMAG2855.jpg

I had a pedal powered bright yellow plastic AA Relay Range Rover when was that age. Complete with blinky light on the hood.

Graduated from that to a battery operated police motorcycle, and from that to pedal operated go kart and bicycles.

All of which were the awesomest.

Fix it to make it work and it'll generate fond memories no matter what.

-Phil

Meh, in 1972 I had a racing car. I could PWN you all in it :lol:

Pedal power though! You need motors!

I graduated to this go-kart (again still 70's, looking at the decor and the radiogram Im thinking 75 or 76

527837_10150992905682838_1385074615_n.jpg

Then took to building my own soap box karts.

Motors? pah this was the 70's battery things were of the future....

Stripped it down, as the chassis has actually disintegrated on one side and is flopping about like a donkeys foreskin.

Will repair that this week, and strip it back and repaint.

Once that's done put it all back together and sort out some new batteries and tidy the wiring.

Oh and the motors both work properly well!

599399_239491966171299_611052381_n.jpg

Meh, in 1972 I had a racing car. I could PWN you all in it :lol:

Pedal power though! You need motors!

I graduated to this go-kart (again still 70's, looking at the decor and the radiogram Im thinking 75 or 76

527837_10150992905682838_1385074615_n.jpg

Then took to building my own soap box karts.

Motors? pah this was the 70's battery things were of the future....

love the psychedelic carpet, its making me dizzy

I don't get the joke! That's my scrawny mate Jason in the shorts lol

Kids of today... :roll:

Perhaps this might help.

Perhaps not :lol::lol::lol:

I had one of these bad boys when I was a nipper in the '80s. It was donated by an older and (much) richer cousin, and hamfistedly re-painted by my 7 year old self in a can of white Dulux that was in the back of the shed*. Emulsion, naturally, which washed off in the rain.

rollsroycepedalcar.jpg

Utter qwality!

That's not meself in the picture, mind.

It eventually went to the tip, as it took up too much shed space (and had previously been set upon by a 7 year old proto-shiteist with a can of Dulux). Its more plebian replacement, for my much younger sister was one of these:

cozycoupe2.jpg

*My 'business plan' being to act as a sort of junior limo service. Fees were paid in Black Jacks, Fruit Salads, Mojos and cans of Lilt, which had to be given back when everyone discovered the emulsion on the arse of their keks from sitting on the bootlid while being chauffered up and down the road.

I had a pedal powered bright yellow plastic AA Relay Range Rover when was that age. Complete with blinky light on the hood.

I had a yellow AA pedal car too - I think it was supposed to have a toy CB radio in it, but by the time it was handed down to me there was just a curly bit of cable there instead. Somewhere there is a pic of a young me at the wheel looking like I'm having a thoroughly ace time driving it. 8)

I cozycoupe2.jpg

Those rocketh mightily. Our kids had one each and would happily spend all day in the pissing rain chasing each other round the garden playing bumper cars.