Ruff's Shitevision: mystery spot + reno turbo!

ruffgeezer

This was too far away for me to id, on a Y plate though I think:

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317-1.jpg

I thought Talbot Horizon, but the back looks wrong to me?

Early L200 in thelocal scrapper, shortly before I got mega pissed off at the lack of ANY of the C15 parts I wanted still being there. IMAG0323-1.jpg

My patch is littered with old garages, some apparently empty, others closed but in use, here is one that I'd love to know the story of:

1799110_4d0a1bec.jpg

All I have found so far is that one of it's owners went bankrupt in 1987, could it have been closed that long?

Its a 'Super 5 Speed' rather than a GT, no roof spoiler and a different grille along with the standard wheels with hubcaps.

Probably a 1050cc. I had one years ago, Cracking little car!

Super

fiat_127_super_3_door_5_speed_large_81188.jpg

GT

fiat-127-gt.jpg

More from the flat hills of my homeland:

Spotted Trev's cousin, it had gone today so despite it's looks, it's a runner:

IMAG0333.jpg

I think I've mentioned this one before, I was passing it on a road test in the world's shittest Isuzu/Vauxhall Montergay, so snapped this one quick, an Xr4i, mk2 Scirroco and a brace of sherpa sports:

IMAG0331.jpg

Hiding in the weeds here we have a mk3 Fiesta, a sierra/P100 and several series landrovers (you can just make out the roofline of one in the background):

IMAG0338.jpg

Also today I have spotted a Mk1 fiesta, and a fiat uno hiding in an overgrown garden, hopefully I'll see them again to get a shot or two :D

• 4 months later...

Here are a few from our trip to Bristol in August, we saw plenty of Triumphs on the way home but the pictures were 90% crap so here is what did come out:

An Alfa Romeo summat or rather:

alfa-1.jpg

One of several Spitfires:

spitfire-1.jpg

This one was earlier in the year, something big, American and cooler than penguin's piss (spotted in skegness):

icantremember-1.jpg

Lovey Mk1 Festa spotted at the epic tat auction a few months ago:

IMAG0565-1.jpg

A regular visitor to our garage, a Vanclee:

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

And onto today's spots, a 440 (I think) acting as gate guardian:

IMAG0870.jpg

And can anyone guess what this one is, found in the most unlikely of places?:

IMAG0872.jpg

That 2CV van thing is yet another new one on me - there seems to have been loads of different kits available.

My guess at the CPTC is an Acclaim. Not easy to tell how big it is though.

In your July post, you mentioned an Uno and a Fiesta in the undergrowth... if you go back now, you'll be able to see through the foliage!

And the Spitfire looks like a GT6 to me. :oops:

You are of course correct, and I am a tit, we did see some spitfires that day though!

That 2CV van thing is yet another new one on me - there seems to have been loads of different kits available.

It was based on an Ami super I think, and is wonderfully craptastic!

The uno is a difficult one to snap due to it's location, if I get a chance I'll give it a bash though, think it's a '94/L

IMAG0323-1.jpg

Windleys ?

Give that man a cookie! I went there to look at the C15 van they had, there was nothing left on it save for one back door! Waste of time that was!

My guess at the CPTC is an Acclaim. Not easy to tell how big it is though.

I would have originally said Acclaim too but rear window rake is very steep...... Defo looks Jap like. Bonnet looks very short though.

However I am going to go with my sister in laws suggestion Les.......a Nissan Bluebird.

Family%20Fortunes%20Irishman%2010.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oops, forgot to come back for the big reveal!

It is a red Triumph Acclaim, I shall see if I can find out anything further about it.

More spots in Windley's yard after a chance outing from work. (2005 Ka that the alternator plug had snapped on, you can't buy a repair kit for them!)

I think this is a Honda Acty:

IMAG0948.jpg

A RHD Ford Courier, but not as we know it:

IMAG0949.jpg

Mk2 Poolo & Mk1 Ax

IMAG0950.jpg

I also spotted a 1.6 mk3 Crapi, 4 sierras, a mk3 Granny and one of those horrible bug-eye scorpios.