British Leyland Princess For Sale

rickyv8

Yup, do a "Dostor102"-style advert on it, with lots of HR pictures and umptymillions of pages of meaningless waffle about the history of BL and the evolution of the Princess and some sucker will swallow it hook, line and shrinker and spaff £2k on it! :lol:

If I was looking for another car ATM I'd be all over that like a bad suit. 8)

• 6 years later...

Is it still £600 :-)

Not anymore no...

FJ now have it on agreed £3k valuation. Thought I'd do that as the Tax and MOT exception kick in next year, so value set to rocket* and to be fair, there really aren't many left to choose from.  But I won't be asking quite that sort of money.

Engine rebuilt last year, yes it's the best of all worlds: Princess2, 2-litre OHC, HL with HLS seats but even better than that, the soundsystem* has a GRAPHIC EQUALIZER.

Shame you're having to move it on so soon. Someone has removed the cold air pipe from the passenger side of the engine bay and fitted a mechanical fuel pump rather than using the in-tank electric (I had to do the same on mine), I wonder if you've got a tiny oil leak under the fuel pump or if yours is miraculously leak free.

Interestingly, your Princess 2 has some Princess 1 bits.  The front door handles are the shorter 1 types I looked again at the early pics and see it has the later 2 types, couldn't see it in the newer pics and assumed early 1 types, the window winders the more stylised 1 types (later 2 got generic BL parts bin items), and the radio aerial (presumable electric) is in the back wing like a 1 rather than the manual one stuck in the front driver's wing for the 2.  Could have been like that from new, or it could have gained a few bits and pieces early in its life when spares were easier to come by, perhaps it didn't have a radio when new, for example.

It does look a very smart example in the pics.  A shame your garage is a bit small so you can't keep it.

Well I've barely used it, every weekend has been busy.  It's done only around five miles since the MOT time in July!

I'm having to clamber over it in the 'new' garage.  Can't get to the rollcab with it in-situ, nor any of the benches.  Tape Measure Fail.

The Alfa 33 is dumped on a driveway the other side of town (out in the open) so one or the other or both will need to go, as well as that the Rover 420 R8 as not being used.  And I'm properly broke after the house move, overdid it all.  Wife around the twist too.