What would be your last car to drive ?

Morgan84

Anything decent which didn't break down - that really would be a bummer :mrgreen:

Perhaps a Citroen CX Turbo (series one with intercooler from later cars), Jag XJ-R (6 cylinder), pre-war MG and a nice post-war rwd Alfa. Would be irritated by the lack of choice otherwise - a variety of cars on Highland roads in some sort of impromptu race with like-minded autoshite souls would be hugely enjoyable and preferable, the session in the bar afterwards with other like-mindeds would help minimise the pain.

Would prob choose to drive in the order as listed above.

Land Rover, probably a Defender 90 but Im not averse to a Series 3.

Why?

Well anything lower down with my hip and knee will be an utter bastard to get out of at the other end of wherever Im going to, and I figure the Landy will be better for "parking by Braille" type driving as my eyesight fades.

If the time came for you to end your driving days,what would be the final car you would want to drive those last miles in ?

Thank you all for your replies, you have opened my eyes. Assuming this means ending your driving days, I had never realised that there was any alternative to the Honda Jazz, but now I realise that a Lancia Aurelia GT is technically if not finacially possible.

On the other hand, if it is to be your final journey, then although I hope that it will be a long, long time in the future, after Fred Dibnah's demise I have already dropped a few hints about this:

lorry-lg.jpg

and left details with my daughter just in case:

http://vintagelorryfunerals.co.uk/index.htm

"Dad, this is a difficult thing to say, but we think it's time you stopped driving. You're 89, and we think you know it's the right decision. Last week, you clipped the gatepost, then yesterday you mounted the pavement and knocked over a postbox. That postbox could have had children inside it! We've had a word with your doctor, and he says that with your eyesight and slow reactions you're a real danger out there in your Micra."

"You're right. But let me fuck about in a Lamborghini Miura for a bit first"

A plum crazy '70 Hemi Cuda. This one would do nicely.

1970-plymouth-cuda-1970-hemi-cuda-pro-touring.jpg

I was born in 1970, and in my eyes the '70 Hemi Cuda was the last of the proper Yank muscle cars.

A gallon won't get it far, but it's a glorious way to go for a final mad blast.

Hooper bodied Rolls Royce Wraith, preferably one of the 'Empress' types.

1279021279-7738-1953sedancadevilleprofile.jpg

With a bit of luck, while it would be my last drive, I'd still have another year or two to enjoy being driven to whatever relevant appointments I had while enjoying copious amounts of G&T from crystal glassware in the back. Cocooned in my drawing room/lush's parlour on wheels, I could be antisocial at the riffraff in the street safe in the knowledge that I'd won.

Hmm,

Bike

1st place: Suzuki 'Busa

2nd place: Honda Blackbird

3rd place Triumph Rocket III

Having ridden a Blackbird, I say don't waste your vote. Just try an old VFR and double the numbers on the speedo for the same experience.

For me it will probably be somthing I have recently fixed the brakes on.

Bikes?

1) Suzuki GT750. The looks, the noise and the smell.

2) Kawasaki H2 750. I expect if you tried to corner riding one of these at over 11mph it'd be your last journey anyhow.

3) 1960's Bonneville.

4) Lambretta RB225. As H2!