auto italia show

solid61

Im thinking of going to the auto italia show at stanford hall tomorrow,just a bit concerned that it will be full of concours idiots polishing tyre treads on ferraris.Its probably not the right place for an autoshiter in a 1997 164 alfa so im a bit undecided.Anyone been before? anyone fellow italian driving autoshiters going.

I've been a couple of times before, yes there is a high exotic content, but my fav car last year was a mark 1 Panda in shite beige.

I have always found it relaxed and friendly and would recomend it as a day out.

If i can I will be there in either some French shite or the daily, a battered Fiat Multipla, and try to win the prize for the most bird crap stuck to one car.

I went there about three years ago in an Alfa 156 that was more battered than a fish shop cod, but no-one turned their nose up at it. Parking is in one-make areas (Alfa seem to outnumber everything else put together) except for the concours lot who park in front of the house. Italian cars only are allowed into the show area; turn up in something French (or anything but Italian) and you'll have to park withthe riff-raff.

If you do go, don't be put off having a wander round the supercars. The Ferrari owners look like walking adverts for the make and some of them are a bit up their own arses, but the Maserati folk are quite different; most of them obviously monied but they are friendly and very knowledgeable, all real petrolheads. And don't forget, posting photos up here is compulsory. :)

I've been lots of times and would agree with the comments above. As well as the exotic stuff, there are often all sorts of gems there (like the early Panda) that make the whole thing worthwhile. The Ferrari owners would turn their noses up at most of these which, to me, is a bonus.

Domestic arrangements have put paid to tomorrow's visit, grrrr :evil: