1975 Citroen 2cv

meshking

Thought I should properly introduce myself. Over the last ten years I have been driving various potentially shite cars. Currently, I am just finishing off my drum brake 1975 2CV, which I have resprayed in the original beige .
  556288_10150882563375844_681200843_11942

interior wise, it's got brown vinyl seats and chocolate brown plastic everywhere.

Previous shite cars include a dyane and a Citroen c5 (as opposed to a Sinclair!). Currently trying to flog a Peugeot 407, whose replacement could be an über cheap Merc s320 (t reg, does that make it shite worthy?)

Ben

I wish it was just a lick of paint! The kids came along first, with the third on the way it was get it done now or never! However,the "you know you're a shiter when..." thread is bringing some amazing similarities. I've told the misses to shoot me if I ever buy another wreck, but it'll happen I'm sure!

Welcome to the site. Nice looking escargot 2CV you've got there, there is love for the 2CV around here which I'm sure you'll find.

A T-reg S320? To be honest I found the S320 a little miserable to drive, nice a smooth but thats about it. The interior, if its Grey leather sort of looks a bit cheap. Apart from rust, other problems like the sensor key can cause a headache, I'm sure these have those horrible sensor keys which go tend to go wrong just for a laugh.

I think you'll soon want to go back to your 2CV just for the simplicity :lol:

Welcome!

I like the square lamps too.

I had a beige LHD one on a N plate, for a short time. Wish I'd have kept it :(

Ian and the other 2CVGBers, didn't an M-reg one turn up in Evesham, years ago? Think it had been painted black or something. It was featured in the mag and then put in an appearance at Registers... any idea?

• 3 years later...

Time for an update, this 2cv has taken a back seat for a while, but that's changing.

Having settled into our new home and completed the required amount of diy, I've cleared some space in the garage. 2cv in and tonight this happened :

21049048931_7a0eebe5c9_c.jpg2015-08-31_08-52-11 by meshking, on Flickr

I've always been keen on clean engine bays, but this car is really messy. Assorted patches were acquired as I tried to get the car back on the road and I've now finally got some space to work when the nights draw in.

Here is what I'm facing. Ideally I will be able to these repairs flush with the bulkhead, but time will tell if I can get the thin metal to play the game.

Nearside wing mount

21041555865_253fdca085_c.jpg2015-08-31_08-58-26 by meshking, on Flickr

Nearside top

21031662022_3aeeee176b_c.jpg2015-08-31_09-01-22 by meshking, on Flickr

Offside wing mount

20418983754_10be1d0a93_c.jpg2015-08-31_09-01-49 by meshking, on Flickr

After a bit of prodding

20418993334_93e30a6348_c.jpg2015-08-31_09-02-21 by meshking, on Flickr

Bugger. I see where I'm starting then.

Having got as far as taking panels off and poking with a screwdriver, I can't find my dremel. The garage needs new lights wiring, all in place just waiting for the sparky to call. Will have to wait until the weekend for natural light to go hunting.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...