I only said blow the bloody doors orf

babydriver

I Have a 68 herald that I am playing at restoring, I don't have much money to spend but it gets me out the house and away from wifey, I have started to strip it, got a mig for Christmas in a B&Q sale and as many bits of metal I want from the scrap pile at work, I have restored a MGBGT in the 80's when big Bruv was Fighting in the Falklands. But MGS are all bolt on, easy peasy, and get a mobile welder round.

When he came home and to show his thanks part exchanged it for a Lancia 2000ie, The MGBGT is still on the road acording to the DVLA website, The Lancia I know desolved to nothing but even I have to admit it was a Bazzin motor.

Anyway after all the past experiance which don't get me wrong was only on a learners experiance i need to know How the fook do you get the doors off a Herald I can't get the door check strap off no matter how I twonk it with a hammer which is what I read somewhere is what you are supposed to do. Do I really need to drill out the rivet in the center of the 2 arms?

The restoration manuals miss this small detail.

Heres some foties of MG and now my new effort Herald.Please note I was only 18 in the Mg Photies!!!!

scan0067.jpg[/img]

scan0066.jpg

scan0066.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

How Rust is too far gone????????????

Photo0039.jpg

The Last Time Harold was on the road

Photo0038.jpg Engine was siezed, freed it with dizezel only 40k on clock

Photo0037.jpg Floor

Photo0036.jpg Boot Floor

Photo0034.jpg Looks nice but rotten as hell

Photo0033.jpg As it is now

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Nice project you've got there 8)

How the fook do you get the doors off a Herald I can't get the door check strap off no matter how I twonk it with a hammer which is what I read somewhere is what you are supposed to do. Do I really need to drill out the rivet in the center of the 2 arms?

Yes, although I think I broke them off with a cold chisel. There isn't decent access for a drill.

I didn't bother putting my check straps back on, but you can buy a little pin to replace the rivet if you prefer.

edit: 613239 CHECKSTRAP PIN KIT £1.25 from James Paddock