The Wedgister - Princess and Ambassador Records

vulgalour

That spectacular gaffer tape Princess was on eBay a few years ago, it's JPU33N.  It sticks in my brain because it's got the very rare vinyl interior.  I don't know the dates on our respective spots to know whether it went driveway to scrapyard, or scrapyard to driveway.  Hopefully someone was mad enough to try and save it.

JPU33N-04.JPG

19 hours ago, uk_senator said:

I cant say, as I never spoke to the owner. The tape on the tops of the doors were likely to cover a fairly common rust spot, mine was going there back in the early 90`s, the lower front door tape seems to be covering damage, the C-Pillar tape is just covering the original (probably cracked) vinyl, the A-Pillar tape is probably covering a bloody great hole, the vertical line between the front door & wing is a bit of a mystery, may be for aerodynamics..

I was absolutely gutted when I went & it wasn't there.. I looked like the little boy at the end of The Snowman, when all there was left was a carrot, a scarf & a few bits of coal..

I've never seen the ending of The Snowman you've ruined my Christmas 😂

On 12/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, ProgRocker said:

parents of a kid at school had a silver Ambassador whose reg I think was EJO 599Y. 🤔 Silver. Possibly a 1.7 HL. 

That comes back as a silver Ambassador 2.0HL, untaxed since 1993.

That's the basics reformatted now and a list of cars and details to sort out and get through probably tomorrow.  Don't really feel like doing it right now.  There's only so much data entry type stuff I want to do in one sitting these days.

I've just had a Haynes Manual for an Ambassador turn up in my hands - A previous owner has scrawled their reg in it: XFH 658X, purchased in 1990 with 60k miles on the clock and some neat maintenance / repair work chronicled from then until 1994 (including a decoke - remember them?!). This is what comes up when I type in the reg, looks like it was a 1700 of some description in forum colour scheme that was then sold in that year and died the following summer:

image.thumb.png.07930144b5ddd94fb626d82a55c4a091.png

• 3 weeks later...

mNjTJD2.jpg

No registration number but it's the Princessprit.

Peter Purves starred as James Bonk, special agent ADO71, in the 1978 spy thriller movie 'The Spy Who Pissed In My Kettle'.

The Princessprit could fly short distances and ski and drive on 4 flat tyres up to 70mph.

A while since I've been on here. Just gone through the whole thread. One of the opportunities provided by lockdown. The post on 30th April 2018, with the Princesses from many lands...there is an unknown Princess with a request for identification. Its another picture of JFT223, one of the Swedish Princesses shown earlier in the post. They got moved around from time to time.

Here's another retired Swedish Princess. Not sure where it is as its not my photo this time

DSC04058.jpg

34 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Do we have this one? Came up on a 'Lost Edinburgh' Facebook page I follow. It says the date of the photo  is 1975. If that's right surely this Princess must be incredibly  early?

FB_IMG_1612738392688.jpg

The reg backs up the year, it would have been brand new though.