South of Scotland &N.. England meet..postpone till sept?

scooters

Ok, we can't let these shandy swiging half pint southern jessies have all the summer fun can I Suggest that those of us who can be arsed plan a get together ourselves?

Probably a picnic/pub lunch and a good run out.

Suggested meet ...Carter Bar Pass right on the border on the A68. We can then scoot into Scotland and do a round trip up tweedale double back VIA hawick..cut back across to yetholm, grab a picnic ... over the border to wooler, POP down to Bamburgh, swift one then home?

A grand day out!

Date: A Sat or Sun in June?

Who's up for it?

I'll make up some ' Rally Plates' fot the radiator grills, they'll have to be tied on with coat hangers...this is autoshite afterall!

I'd love to pop up, if I'm off work. That said, the following points need sorting before us southern shandy drinking wazzocks venture north of Watford, namely:

1/ Just sent off for my new passport, so that's OK.

2/ Where do I collect my obligatory cloth cap and whippet?

3/ Do I still HAVE to carry a box of pigeons, to be released on the moors?

4/ What's the current rate of exchange for the Eyup to the Pound?

All joking aside, it'd be great to meet up "up north". Hope arrangements are OK!

I'd be totally up for this but being devoid of suitable/acceptale chod, I'd best pass :lol:

I went a similar drive with another car Club a few years ago and it was great. Got a few pics of everyone next to that big stone thing at the Border lol.

You can come along in the horrible ol Vitty Turbo with me

Suggest an alternate weekend to Shitefest as some want to head to sunny drought hit Wilts.

Due to the scarcity of passes for those of us with miserable scrounging bast...I mean families, June would certainly suit me except for the first and last weekends

Count me in Scootsworth.

will do old boy,

BTW you have a Mondy with a 1.8 Tdci? I'm trying to sort out an idle issue with a mate's focus at the moment - if you have 10 mins can we have a chat about it? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on what it might be

aye

rich

Count me in Scootsworth.

will do old boy,

BTW you have a Mondy with a 1.8 Tdci? I'm trying to sort out an idle issue with a mate's focus at the moment - if you have 10 mins can we have a chat about it? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on what it might be

aye

rich

You certainly can, though the one I drive is a 21k mile motability example; if it's any help it runs like a cow unless you drive it hard, doesn't like cold mornings and feels like it should still be at the front of whatever MkV Scrote they dragged it's sorry arse out of.

Sounds like fun - unfortunately as a casual lurker on here I don't actually own any appropriate transport (the current fleet consisting of a Kia "future-shite-garanteed" Ce'ed Wagon and a Mazda "piss-taking-and-sexuality-questioning-guaranteed" MX-5) but I'd certainly enjoy a day being in the presence of some proper interesting motors.

Think we'd be up for this too, as long as early nineties jap tat suits. Tartan: we can arrange for one of us to not use an MX5 if you like - although fuel costs tell me I'd rather be in mine than the 323!

• 3 weeks later...

From June on it's going to clash with all kinds of meets/shows/weekenders. Could it be early October perhaps? There's a chance I could even make that! :wink: Mind, I'd probably be in a rental, but at least I'd get to meet some Shiters. :D