Old Volvo revived

bigstraight6

A good friend of mine was definately in the right place at the right time when he bagged this Volvo a few weeks back for not much money, he had a tip off that the car had been off the road and in a garage for 10 years and that the owner would now like to sell it. When we went to see it it looked promising though covered in a thick layer of dust, but he got it for a very attractive price along with a large quantity of assorted Amazon spares.

It was collected and deivered to my friends workshop a few days ago, the tax disc in the windscreen indeed showed that the car was last taxed in 2002, after a good wash the car looks to have great potential and a fresh battery and petrol had her up and running :D though the brakes and cluch are seized solid.

003-1.jpg

004-5.jpg

That looks very nice!

though the brakes and cluch are seized solid.

Best place for new stuff is probably Brookhouse Volvo parts. Should you need them, brake discs & drums aren't cheap (they are pressed onto the hubs), but are still available OEM from Volvo. For removing the rear drum hub assembly for access to the rear brakes, get the correct hub puller. Also worth popping over to the Volvo OC forum for tech advice etc :D

That looks very nice!

though the brakes and cluch are seized solid.

Best place for new stuff is probably Brookhouse Volvo parts. Should you need them, brake discs & drums aren't cheap (they are pressed onto the hubs), but are still available OEM from Volvo. For removing the rear drum hub assembly for access to the rear brakes, get the correct hub puller. Also worth popping over to the Volvo OC forum for tech advice etc :D

Thanks for that Paul, amongst all the spares that came with the car are the hub/drum puller :wink:

What a find! Local westcountry reg too if im not mistaken?

You are spot on, it's a Somerset number.

I tell you what chaps, if my friend hadn't have bought it I would of, it really is a great old bus that as some of you have already mentioned could easily be used daily. I will keep you updated of progress :D

Thanks for that Paul, amongst all the spares that came with the car are the hub/drum puller :wink:

Very useful! IIRC, that's the only special tool needed - the rest is just regular imperial spanners & sockets. Oh, and if it's any help, all the factory parts books, workshop manuals, & brochures etc can be downloaded from here 8)