Alexg

THAT abandoned dealer again Swadlincole

*waves tenner around*

I'm having a really bad day so I'd happily donate a tenner for some poor soul to take this and then spend the next 2 years getting depressed every time they look out of their window at this hopeless wreck cluttering up their drive.

No matter how bad things got for me, at least I could console myself that someone else is having a worse time by simply being the custodian of the worlds most fucked Rover.

I'd love that Cav. Rolling around on nice comfortable 13" tyres, basking in the grim base spec interior while the headlining falls on you over bumps.

Then you remember you're only paying £140 a year to tax it (becoz 1389cc) and realise you are winning at life!

(or just buy a better one on eBay for less than it'll cost to recommission this one)

I’d like to buy the Cav, get it roadworthy and show it at FOTU in 2020. Sadly dreams and reality are two very different stories.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/cars-garage-castle-gresley-abandoned-2849687

It's popped up in the news, which either means there'll be a decision on the planning application soon, or scrotes will realise there's cars to be stolen. It seems the owner keeps applying for permission, but then not doing anything and letting it lapse. It's also reported to be a working office, workshop and retail site! 

^ The Rover was available for scrap money, but literally no-one wanted it.

There are no hidden value issues as far as the garage owner is concerned. They're now worth feck all, and that's all he wants for them. I still think it's a shame that no-one wants to help save one of them, but hey, that's the way it is. 

I still reckon some of the 'they've been scrapped? Shit, I wish I'd known as I'd have done something about that...' crew will appear when they've finally been crushed.