THAT abandoned dealer again Swadlincole

Alexg

I was down there this time about 2-3 years ago, the garage block looked like it was ready to collapse, loads of masonry cracks. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been demolished already, but it would be sad if that happened as it’s one of those institutions in that area. They looked like retailers of prime chod back in the day, it was called Jetberg LTD. 

3 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Didn't the yellow Metro survive for a bit?

4783829378_fde18163e2_z.jpg

Road Tax Status:  Vehicle has a SORN

There is no MOT history recorded for this vehicle.

8107973733_4837fdd400.jpg.fdd8164ca12f244bed3fcfe81ca01fc1.jpg

Photo taken Oct 2012 and on a Leicestershire user's Flickr account.

Probably still on that bit of grass.

8 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

...probably a few parts worth having, but otherwise they're frag feed.

They were essentially scrap when I saw them and that's going back a yonk. Chap is apparently willing to sell anything and everything  but his prices are silly for what he's left himself with.

2 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Something odd doesnt add up about the prices and rescued cars over the years at this place.

The rover 800 was 250 quid according to the advert where someone wanted to move it on, yet the cavalier is a grand?

I’m pulling that figure out of the sky, it’s been reported many times the amount he’s asking for is silly, the thousand quid is a silly figure. I don’t know the exact amount, it was intended to be illustrative. 

8 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

4783829378_fde18163e2_z.jpg

Road Tax Status:  Vehicle has a SORN

There is no MOT history recorded for this vehicle.

8107973733_4837fdd400.jpg.fdd8164ca12f244bed3fcfe81ca01fc1.jpg

Photo taken Oct 2012 and on a Leicestershire user's Flickr account.

Probably still on that bit of grass.

My FLICKR and nope its long gone from there.   Metro picture yard / Site is full of PT Cruisers now and has just sold for redevelopment. Last I heard years ago on FacebooK was Metro floor and sills were rotton and struggling to get repair panels.

8 hours ago, sierraman said:

I was down there this time about 2-3 years ago, the garage block looked like it was ready to collapse, loads of masonry cracks. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been demolished already, but it would be sad if that happened as it’s one of those institutions in that area. They looked like retailers of prime chod back in the day, it was called Jetberg LTD. 

Planning permission renewed for redevelopment 

10 hours ago, sierraman said:

Who went into an Austin dealers and went ‘I’m looking for a Metro, I don’t want anything gaudy like red or silver, I’d like something that looks like hungover piss in a toilet bowl’. 

I had a gaudy red Metro of that era. It was still crap!Son had a two tone silver and grey one. That was crap as well! And a dark blue one. Also crap!