Wanted - sub £500 large shite - new parameters p2!

pandamonium

Would my Rover sterling do? there is a thread going on it. 2.7 v6 honda engine, auto with 'G4' which apparently is the sport mode. nightfire red. all the toys, including functioning cruise, heated elec seats, rover radio cassette (!), orig dealer plates and window sticker. 64,000 on clock but no history, but it drives tightly and is quite original so probably genuine as id guess these dont hide big mileages well- at the mo idles at 1400 rpm (may be a clogged ide controll valve. Good tyres (with sterling alloys) a couple of very minor grazes to the bumpers and a door. Paint good with no laquer lift mot to november and tax to end of april. 300 pounds. located in devon

Thanks - the 405 is a good option.

I was kinda hoping someone on here would say - 'I just so happen to have........'

My Merc (hopefully) goes next Saturday morning, and I'll need to have a car by Sunday night, so once again the clock will be ticking. I can't start bidding on anything now or arranging to view, in case the buyer changes his mind, but at the same time, I can't suddenly start bidding on Saturday - so it kinda rules out auctions. I reckon autotrader it is.

I found a Kia Carens that I liked - am I mental!??

DSCF8867_2212111668.jpg

If you're buying it as a tool for a particular job, and the price is right, I can't see there'd be much wrong with the Kia. I think it only falls down if you want a car to love, to invest some heart and soul into. But even then, if the price was spectacularly right*, it shouldn't be that hard to learn to love...

*Spectacularly right would have to be little more than scrap rate, or preferably less; you can learn to love anything if it hasn't cost you your holiday fund!

big: yes

shite: yes

economical: not too bad, years ago my company had these as company cars and apparently they were okay

under £500: yes

in Essex: EFA nearly

media?id=1979614731

on autotrader

1995 (M reg)Saloon62,000 milesManual2.0LPetrol

4 Door Saloon, Grey, Petrol, Manual. e/windows e/mirrors power assisted steering solid paint last service at 60k height adjustable driver seat centerl locking steel wheels steering wheel rake adjustment radio/casset anti theft system 3x3 rear seat belts vary clean car looks and drives good first to see will buy px to clear bargain. £495 (07960) 429274 (0207) 1951822

I would

more

media?id=1967736535

1994 BMW 5 SERIES 520i SE 4dr Saloon 2.0

1994 (M reg)Saloon94,000 milesManual2.0LPetrol

4 Door Saloon, Red, Petrol, Manual. very good condition ,any inspection welcome ,call for more information. £485

(075228) 84178

media?id=1975607668

£4951998 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLS 5DR

Overview Vehicle Summary Performance & Economy Dimensions Interior/Exterior Safety

1998 (R reg)Estate90,000 milesManual2.0LPetrol

5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Petrol, 90,000 miles, Metallic Silver. Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Cloth upholstery, Power assisted steering, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Cruise control, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Rear armrest, Roof rails, Radio/Cassette, Rear headrests, Rear electric windows, Drivers airbag, Trip computer, Front electric windows, Rear wiper, Alarm, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Electric door mirrors, Front head restraints, Height adjustable drivers seat, PAS, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Body coloured bumpers, Front fog lights, Heated door mirrors, Full size spare wheel. Insurance Group:14A, MOT JULY, 1 YEAR WARRANTY AVAILABLE. £495

(020) 88880729

(07760) 776402

Change of parameters!!!!!!

Must be

Pre 1995 - My preference.

More than 40mpg

5 Seats. (In other words, no Perodua Nippas.)

The 'family' duties are being passed on to the Dazedwoo, after it has had a quick service etc.

That should make my search easier!

I would suggest a Citroen BX diesel, but they seem to have got a bit pricey of late. So, seek out a Pug 405 Turbo diesel. Sorted. The need for 40+mpg is going to rule out pretty much any pre-1995 petrol larger than a 2CV or Mini I fear. A Honda Civic would manage it, but they're not exactly family-spacious. Good fun though and that red one on the Ebay thread looks the business (albeit wrong end of the country).

For sale in Norwich

media?id=1983394214

1994 PEUGEOT 405 1.9 GLXD Turbo

1994 (L reg)Estate180,000 milesManual1.9LDiesel

5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 180,000 miles, White, MOT-10-2012, 2 Owners. Full Service History, Long MOT, 2 Former keepers. Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Body, Full Service History, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Sunroof, Electric door mirrors, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric windows, Foglights, Power assisted steering, Radio, Remote locking. Insurance Group:7, Dont let the age or the high mileage put you off buying this car, these engines were built to last and it has been well looked after, the proof is in the service history, Drives very good, better than expected from a car of this age and mileage. so grab your self a bargain. No alloy wheels/Air con. We only sell the best quality cars, So you can buy with complete peace of mind. £455 ono

(01603) 605522

loads of stuff here

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used ... ort/locasc

For sale in Norwich

1994 PEUGEOT 405 1.9 GLXD Turbo Estate

^^This!

Briliant. Looks just ike the one I had a couple of years ago (Except it is all one colour and there are no rivets holding the bonnet together)

50 mpg, comfy as you like, lovely to drive and HUGE boot. Win!

My neighbour's just offered me his Citroen Xantia estate (just as in this evening!) for £500. It's a 1.9 petrol, "Y" reg with 82,000 ish on the clock. Green in colour. Don't know more about the car but have known him for years, and would trust him with my overdraft! If it'd help you, PM me. I (and the car) are in Barnet, Hertfordshire.

Would this help?

I had this Volvo 940 Estate Highlander on Ebay for £750 but unfortunately it did not receive a Bid. Would take an offer but couldnt go as low as £500 so it may be too expensive for you. Its a 2.0 5 Speed Manual with 145,000 and mot'd until September.

Also have a Seat Alhambra 2.0 se manual in Green, tatty condition but it is Mot'd until January 2013 and taxed until the end of April, this would be £450. No pictures but can add if required.

Volvo:

volvo.jpg

I had this Volvo 940 Estate Highlander on Ebay for £750 but unfortunately it did not receive a Bid. Would take an offer but couldnt go as low as £500 so it may be too expensive for you. Its a 2.0 5 Speed Manual with 145,000 and mot'd until September.

Also have a Seat Alhambra 2.0 se manual in Green, tatty condition but it is Mot'd until January 2013 and taxed until the end of April, this would be £450. No pictures but can add if required.

Volvo:

volvo.jpg

that's lovely - don't think I've seen a white 940 before -

My neighbour's just offered me his Citroen Xantia estate (just as in this evening!) for £500. It's a 1.9 petrol, "Y" reg with 82,000 ish on the clock. Green in colour. Don't know more about the car but have known him for years, and would trust him with my overdraft! If it'd help you, PM me. I (and the car) are in Barnet, Hertfordshire.

Would this help?

that sounds spot on for the requirements

the other one I would go for is that E34 520i - when driven respectably the MPGs are all right and they are tough as old boots and pre '95