Shite Postcards

pompei

• 3 weeks later...

46485940445_2d22118194_h.jpg

Hermitage Hotel, Exeter Road, Bournemouth old postcard early 1990s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Lots of everyday stuff here, I think we have examples of most of them amongst the AS collective?

Sent in 1998 with the following message:

"Having a nice holiday so far, nice crowd. Food very nice, room nice and large all mod cons. I am well, hope you are. I am going to have a bath now. We do not have a lot of time to write, I thought you would like a picture of the hotel so excuse writing and repetition of the word nice [double underlined]. See you soon.

Lots of love, Mum."

47400985261_b85a4288de_h.jpg

High Street and Oliver Place, Hawick old postcard mid-late 1980s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

3-door estates were once a thing. For the pedants, I should point out that Oliver Place should be/is now Bourtree Place. I have no local knowledge, I'm just going by what Google Maps now calls it.

46485942325_ca2dccc40e_h.jpg

Renfrew - The Public Library old postcard late 1970s? by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Marina on Sercks and with sunstrip. I prefer what I think is an orange Manta B which is just visible in the distance. Breakdown lorry (Bedford TK?) on the left looks like a purposeful thing. Those schoolkids would be about the same age as me, wonder what they're up to now? Was walking past that Marina a formative influence?

• 2 weeks later...