Shite Postcards

pompei

North Thames gas building is now the Al Rayan Bank. Block on the left has gone. 89 Whitechapel road.

Well spotted! I could not recognise any buildings on Google Streetmap but you are right.  I traced the location by searching for the jewellers A Taite & Sons.  Some of their stuff comes up for auction occasionally and from one of the items a link showed the same photo. 

These were in my pile of stuff to be scanned, seemed an appropriate time to do something with them:

post-79-0-00612100-1532855758_thumb.jpg

The Parade, Mundesley complete with 2dr Consul Classic and something a bit older further along?

post-79-0-63080500-1532855854_thumb.jpg

Sandy Gulls Caravan Park is apparently still there. The website says their touring park is for adults only, always makes me wonder what goes on at places like that.....

Are the two people in the top left photo trying to break-in to that caravan?

post-79-0-29198600-1532855965_thumb.jpg

Not Mundesley, but of possible interest to our Austrian correspondent.

Sent in October 1978 to an address in Letchworth with the following message: "Dear Mick & Julia, Austria is a great place! Very friendly people, beautiful scenery & steam engines! It is also B. expensive to eat and live. Hope work is going well and you are enjoying life. See ya soon. Cheers Dave."

That photo pre-dates 1978 somewhat. A couple of vehicles stood out for me, the Commer truck and black Minor amongst the Beetles, Opels and Mercedes. Thoughts about the white estate in front of the Commer? Any other oddities that I've missed? Bus looks quite smart.