Shite Postcards

pompei

The Vauxhall somehow doesn't look imposing enough though it shares some features of the postcard car.  I thought the same for some of the big old Austins.  Frustrating, isn't it :-D.  I am even more frustrated because I'm sure I've seen one when much younger - and could probably have recognised it back then.  If the interweb can't come up trumps I'll be forced to look in my books.  That can't be progress.

42357667121_bbcc810a85_h.jpg

High Street, Skipton old postcard early 1960s? by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Any thoughts as to what the big black car is on the left? Quite an imposing thing.

42357668741_bf517250e6_h.jpg

Hall Street, Long Melford, Suffolk old postcard 1970s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Melford Minormania.

41455933375_c2022219d9_h.jpg

Stow on the Wold old postcard, early-mid 1970s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

One or two cars in the shadows that date this card as being a bit later than it first appears.

41455938865_982932870f_h.jpg

High Street, Tain old postcard late 1960s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Pre-Volvo days in Scotland.

41635342114_b5d21bbe1b_h.jpg

High Street, Tenterden old postcard mid 1970s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Plenty of everyday '70s goodness here.

41541637024_371697e8d2_h.jpg

High Street, Welshpool old postcard mid-late 1970s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Both the Golf and Datsun are notable for being early examples of their type, with different rear end detailing. However, that makes only one of them sought-after.

Triumph Renown mk2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that a mini woody est on the left of the bus in Libya?

There's a mustard coloured Mini parked on the right (just ahead of the 'hedge') as well.

At first glance the blue saloon with a white roof 2 cars in front of the bus looks like a Hillman Super Minx but on closer inspection I don't think it is, it's got a touch of Vauxhall, Opel Ford or maybe SIMCA about it. Any idea what it is?

There's a mustard coloured Mini parked on the right (just ahead of the 'hedge') as well.

At first glance the blue saloon with a white roof 2 cars in front of the bus looks like a Hillman Super Minx but on closer inspection I don't think it is, it's got a touch of Vauxhall, Opel Ford or maybe SIMCA about it. Any idea what it is?

I think it's an Opel Rekord.

I think it's an Opel Rekord.

Well you've got me looking. The car in the picture looks like it has dual lights, but it could be an optical illusion and they maybe large rectangular ones. The short lived Opel Rekord Series B is a similar shape, was available two-tone and has large rectangular lights, so you could well be right if only the photographer had moved a bit to the left to remove any element of doubt...

opel-rekord-1900-01.jpg,

I thought Lea Francis at first, or a Salmson or possibly an Armstrong Siddeley Saphire. I even looked at EMWs.  LF was ruled out because their rear spats have a very distinctive lower profile, unlike the car in question. The Salmson G72 coupe of 1951 has the right sort of look and rear window shape but only a few coachbuilt coupes have rear spats so I'm not convinced. The Saphire has the wrong shaped rear side windows. 

I don't bloody know what it is  :-D  :? .