Shite Postcards

pompei

Did they ever make a pick-up? I may be wrong but I think it's a van.

Continental Europe seemed much more foreign and exotic in those days. I spent some time in France and Germany in the 70's and the cars were totally different to the norm here. I knew a guy who ran a Mini van in France at the time..it seemed very exotic amongst all the 2CVs and R4s. Just wish I'd taken a few pics.

Did they ever make a pick-up? I may be wrong but I think it's a van.Continental Europe seemed much more foreign and exotic in those days. I spent some time in France and Germany in the 70's and the cars were totally different to the norm here. I knew a guy who ran a Mini van in France at the time..it seemed very exotic amongst all the 2CVs and R4s. Just wish I'd taken a few pics.

Yep, that's a van. 2cv pickups were made at Citroens factory in Slough though. Four door pickups were also made in Argentina.

Le Havre Rootes chod (next to the DS)  looks like a Mk VII/MkVIII Minx convertible.   There is the arse end of a '56 Ford wagon in the bottom right hand corner and a 2cv pickup just right of the centre of the card 

What's the RHD two-tone job in the rightmost row?

I just find it weird that the more cars there are, the more they make places cars could park in into vast expanses of fuck all purpose whatsoever.

Who has an advantage? What are the benefits?

It might* just be a coincidence that the same councils that ban all the parking are the ones running the car parks you have to pay to use. Anyone would think they've forgot they are public servants.

Loving these old cards, are they used ?  there must be some proper random stuff written on them if so

Most of the ones I buy are not used.

If they are, it's largely some drivel about the weather and that Tommy got himself a new pair of white socks and sandals.

It's rather disappointing really. I'd also have expected some tales about major piss ups and getting laid by mademoiselles,

buying some chod and coaxing it into life for the trip home, but sadly the general public always was disturbingly dull.