DFSK Mini Shite

cort16

I've seen them with cherry pickers on the back for street light work.

I think I'll stay on the ground thanks.

Aye, I'd sooner walk to and climb the pole than drive about in one of these.

but then how much more flimsy than a Hijet/Supercarry could they realistically be?

Never underestimate the power of Chinesium.

Aye, I'd sooner walk to and climb the pole than drive about in one of these.

Never underestimate the power of Chinesium.

Did you type your reply on a Chinese made device?

There's no reason why a Chinese machine can't be reliable, they make shite but they make some good stuff too. I'm sure these little guys are okay.

The NCAP tests are voluntary remember but any company selling vehicles in Europe worth their salt will put all of their models through. It is a situation where if they have nothing to worry about it's all good for their sales with only the loss of a handful of cars. You have to ask yourself why the likes of DFSK don't volunteer.

So the company is cutting corners by not making enough spares to meet potential demand, gotcha. I wonder what other corners they cut...

I don't think that's really a bad thing, if you can keep your customers on the road and happy for the time it takes to take something off a stock vehicle rather than having them curse you for the 2 or 3 weeks for a back order then I would do it. Obviously It would depend on the part though.

They probably view an NCAP not rated as better than 0 points

Did you type your reply on a Chinese made device?

There's no reason why a Chinese machine can't be reliable, they make shite but they make some good stuff too. I'm sure these little guys are okay.

I'm sure there is a difference between the Swiss company that had my keyboard manufactured in China and some in house job with legally questionable styling and doubtful safety measurements. I remain very unconvinced that stuff like this isn't made to just scrape by as acceptable and exported to us with the sole intention of making a quick buck. I'm sure the only reason that stuff like this is even being made is because there is a lot of people in much poorer countries than ours that have little choice (see: Trabant and East Germany).

We don't have a great deal of choice when it comes to where the products we buy are made and I don't think manufacturers do either because the labour is so much cheaper in China. I suppose there is some good news here though. The DFSK factory isn't tall enough to need suicide nets.

They probably view an NCAP not rated as better than 0 points

Because it is. A 1 star rating from Euro NCAP is the equivalent of them saying 'the vehicle has what it needs to meet regulations but it does not exceed them'. It would be very hard to remain blissfully ignorant if that was what was being said about them by such an organisation.

I really liked the HiJets and Carry that my last job provided,  I was helping out there over the summer and was pleased got to have another quick go.

post-4555-0-31066800-1506981903_thumb.jpg

Behind the bushes on the far left of the photo is a gate that is 1.5m wide and leads to the firepit where all the hedge clippings on the back were going.  You have to fold the mirrors in to get the Suzuki through it so nothing else stands a chance.

The fence blew down over the winter but I made sure to put the posts back in the same place (because they didn't want to pay for a new gate).

Bidding for this one is currently only at £520, a bargain if you need a cheap small van. I wonder if it's still solid underneath. 

post-20075-0-00978800-1507031668_thumb.jpg

post-20075-0-91295500-1507031684_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dfsk-loadhopper-/332393325767?hash=item4d642fa4c7:g:NMIAAOSwuD9ZwQ8w

a lot of people think it is a BMW

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I keep looking out for these things.  Here's a shite photo of one in service as a junk-hauling device, about two and a half years ago, with bonus camper-converted LDV content in background:

j19413.jpg.3434944fc14e65a02f96d7c16660a57f.jpg

And a better photo of a better example, snapped earlier this month. 

IMG_1438.thumb.JPG.14d1610d74b1b8a63fdb520d67eb02ab.JPG

I'm impressed these DFSK contraptions are still going to be honest, I would have thought that tin worm and parts unavailability would have claimed them all by now.