Save these 70's buses coaches from the scrapman

In The Pit

Presumably most of these would be old enough to be speed limiter exempt? Not going to be much of an issue with Bedfords admittedly, but something with a Leyland TL11 engine and a high-ratio diff should be able to bomb along at 70+, leaving the flashy new National Express Scanias choking in its exhaust smoke. :D

and the rest!! I used to go to school on stuff like this, My Faves were Leyland Leopards and AEC reliances, both with panorama elite II bodies. both of these could go off the clock. The AEC had the AV760 engine (which went on to become the TL12) and went like stink

Any update on the coaches? I hope to God they get saved, but short of finding a buyer for my CLK and arranging storage I'm out. If anyone does fancy some sort of 'group' save I'd chip in a bit.

Maybe we could find a disused airfield or something and have bi-monthly meets where we could all have a drive.

• 9 years later...
39 minutes ago, 2cvspecial said:

cymru !

Bloody hell! I've just sent info on this to a fella massively into his 70s/80s coaches.  Will now have to tell him to disregard the message as the content was from almost a decade ago...

I wonder what became of them? That's crazy that the 75 YRT didn't sell for £850 and was subsequently scrapped. 😕