Rare cars that have been scrapped recently.

YugoLada

I'll get some pics for you if you like. It is rotten. I already put a jack through the sill/door cos the tyres were same as my FSO
There's a Triumph TR7 in my mates yard thats doomed. And an Opel Manta. And I guess the Granada Hearse and Limo but they are both for sale so may get saved. Not much hope for old hearses tho!

TR7? Donor car ? Let me know...

Please. Appreciated.

Last year two got scrapped then - my mate weighed a red K reg one in. The clutch had gone and it had been standing for four years in a Welsh field, hence the rust bug had bitten big time, front valance had just totally vanished. There's quite a few in France - they were popular there.

What's perhaps more interesting - has anybody bought a new LHD one?, there was a guy shipping them over in 2011, planning to target the farming market for cheap unburstable 4WDs that don't get used on the road much.

Last year two got scrapped then - my mate weighed a red K reg one in. The clutch had gone and it had been standing for four years in a Welsh field, hence the rust bug had bitten big time, front valance had just totally vanished. There's quite a few in France - they were popular there.

What's perhaps more interesting - has anybody bought a new LHD one?, there was a guy shipping them over in 2011, planning to target the farming market for cheap unburstable 4WDs that don't get used on the road much.

Those new ones I like Im going to take a test drive in one :D

Last year a Lada Niva got scrapped :(

Fuck me, are you going to do this for every model of car listed as scarce?

This is going to be a long bastard thread. You can't save them all.

What's perhaps more interesting - has anybody bought a new LHD one?, there was a guy shipping them over in 2011, planning to target the farming market for cheap unburstable 4WDs that don't get used on the road much

I regularly see one (a 60 plate I think) in Old Hill. Not exactly the heart of the farming community though!