Rare cars that have been scrapped recently.

YugoLada

I think if we knew they were going to be scrapped one of us would do our best to stop it from happening. I think the irony is that a lot of rare cars get scrapped because people don't realise they are rare and that they may be of interest to someone else.

I think the classic example is when an elderly relative dies and an old fso/talbot is pulled out of the garage and the family doesn't realise it would be of interest to anyone so just calls the local scrapyard to tow it away. Luckily it doesn't always happen :)

I think the classic example is when an elderly relative dies and an old fso/talbot is pulled out of the garage.

I wish! I've been lumbered with a 6000 mile 08 Prius which needs 2 grands worth of panel repairs to make it sellable

There was an elderley guy driving a white V reg Renault 14TS around Stourbridge until the mid 2000's, I think he went into a home or passed away. I have often wondered what happened to that, I have considered putting an advert in the local paper, as someone else did that recently when tracing an old car.

I suspect it was probably scrapped due to just being a old car holed up in a deceased relatives garage!

I think the classic example is when an elderly relative dies and an old fso/talbot is pulled out of the garage.

I wish! I've been lumbered with a 6000 mile 08 Prius which needs 2 grands worth of panel repairs to make it sellable

Who would spend 2 grand fixing a 'milk float' - scrap it and rid us of at least one of those horrible creations

Needs a bit of work but I dont have the cash. Patch to the sill. Rear arch and a bit on a non structural panel under bonnet. Been sat there a year, in a garage years prior. Wants a gud run out. Ie the drive from Leyburn to MOT station. For a better idea what's up. But I rekon itsa gud en. And I SO want it! :twisted:

I'd definitely be all over this if I had 300 spare.

Btw, does anyone know if there are any Simca / Talbot / Chrysler 1100 (whatever they were badged as here) left in the UK ? I don't think I've ever seen one since I've lived here. My dad had a proper poverty spec one until the early 90's, I wish he'd kept it. Then again he also had a poverty spec 1510 (aka alpine) I wish he'd kept... Anyway, a 1100 ti would pretty much be my dream car.

I'd definitely be all over this if I had 300 spare.

Btw, does anyone know if there are any Simca / Talbot / Chrysler 1100 (whatever they were badged as here) left in the UK ? I don't think I've ever seen one since I've lived here. My dad had a proper poverty spec one until the early 90's, I wish he'd kept it. Then again he also had a poverty spec 1510 (aka alpine) I wish he'd kept... Anyway, a 1100 ti would pretty much be my dream car.

One I spotted last year. Mild barryment but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

beigesimca.jpg

Can't you pinch an old VW badge and bosh on a roof rack and punt it as a rat look wannabee? :twisted:

There's a Triumph TR7 in my mates yard thats doomed. And an Opel Manta. And I guess the Granada Hearse and Limo but they are both for sale so may get saved. Not much hope for old hearses tho!

TR7? Donor car ? Let me know...

That white 1100 (actually 1294 I think now, or possibly even 1592, I'm shite with numbers) is a beautiful car. The lad's done really well with it. Was an absolute wreck. I'm not much for fancy wheels and 'stance' but it sat on the stand opposite me for three days at the NEC last year and I couldn't stop gawping at it.

There are others too, but not often seen.

that blue 1100 is a beautiful example. what kind of wheels are on it, they look good but are they from another simca / chryler model or something ? would love a 1000 too, must be lots of fun to drive...

and yeah i agree, the white 1100 looks like a really good restoration job, i wouldn't go for that kind of mods myself, but hats off nonetheless...

Can't you pinch an old VW badge and bosh on a roof rack and punt it as a rat look wannabee? :twisted:

No... it would still look like a giffermobile. :)