Opel Monza GSE Automatic. Rust

SambaS

I'd imagine that Jimp usually means something* else to a 16 year old boy.

The site was "the new home of the Jimp" by a chap who had tracked down the "original author" after the demise of geocities.

I assume that's not you?

*Sorry.

I'll stop now. Maybe.

that's the cracker. You beat me to it. God mobiles are crap on this site! Yea, my best mate from primary schools dad owns a scrapyard thats since gone to his sons. Good fun for a car mad kid, infact certainly exas(dictionary) exacerbated my 'car problems'

He got all the runners as field cars. To name a few: Pk Jimp (I tried and failed to swap for £20 and a copy of GTA London thus setting off my obsession), a Yak Yeoman, Subaru 1300, Subaru XT, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Dacia Duster. That's just some of the 'weirder' ones.

The website managed to put a handful of owners in touch, and I got a surprise email from Mr. PK himself which was fantastic, and spoke to some of his employees then Geocities went offline, so years after selling my jimp I handed the site over to a chap called Stephen only asking that I got to drive his Jimp around Tamworth, which he obliged.

It was a black Cordia Turbo not sure of the engine size. When hewas right little he hadta Reliant Ant collection! And we got a purple Talbot Sunbeam stuck in the woods. At primary school age I must have sh*t myself. That was the first car of his I went in and the start of the madness

• 3 weeks later...

The nearside chassis leg and inner arch are a terrible mess. I dont know how it got through it's last test before I bought it but I'm glad it did because I had 4 glorious months of driving it in 2010 before the anti roll bar mount snapped off the rotton chassis leg and the MOT expired. It was in the garage twice after a breakdown due to a rocker arm or 2 snapping.

Awesome! That's what I like to hear :D Going to start it next weekend, infact it'll be stripped and grinded by then. I've a good mate who is handy with a welder and next door to him as uber backup is a steel fabrication place. I intend to do as much myself as possible as there's gonna be many more like this!

Classic Senny/Monza/Carly front chassis leg rot! I was serious on buying an A-reg one many moons ago, until the front suspension collapsed when another guy I knew I knew took it for a 'vigorous' test drive. The cause was a not dissimilar problem.

Good luck sorting it out, they are lovely old things - esp in black :wink: