Coniston Meet, Spring 2013

eddyramrod

Bump!

I'm actually here now, and scouting locations. Well occasionally, anyway. I think I've got us somewhere to meet up initially, and having made a cursory inspection I think we probably should include the Lakeland Motor Museum, as previously suggested. Now then, date: it seems Pride of Longbridge is going to be on the weekend I first thought of, so maybe we should move this on a week. Also, as I now work Saturdays, I'm more inclined to have it on the Sunday, so that would be April 21st. Mrs R wants some kind of holiday though, quite probably in the spring, so I'm not going to confirm a date until I know if/when/where we are going away. Anyway, we will have some kind of meet, somewhere, at some time or other. :D

Oh and Volksangyl: I've got something for you... :wink:

I'll be there, in my fake sports car (Ford Cougar).

Looking forward to another schlep around the Lakeland Motor Museum.

Just a suggestion; the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway is within spitting distance of the museum as well, if anyone's interested ...... The engine shed contains plenty of train shite, plus there's usually some old recovery lorries and a Bedford TK Fire Engine knocking about the place.

http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk/

Jubey, my ol' mate, we could convoy up.

I make it 100miles from here (thats traveling through Seattle/Ingleton etc, basically staying off the motorways)

Sounds good to me - i'll have to find my travel rug to put on the parcel shelf of the Lancer and get my trilby on ;-)

You know, the infamous Tea Fund is an ongoing thing. If you can't make this meet and I owe you a brew don't worry, I'm sure there will be another suitable occasion. Come the better weather I should be venturing further afield from time to time, so I have every chance of meeting other Shiters sooner or later. I'll probably never get to all of you, but I live in a holiday area so if I don't manage to come to you, you can come to me without boring the family with car-days. I do have a kettle... :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well now... It's looking like Sunday 21st isn't going to be practical for me, and as the presiding host I really should be there, so we will have to consider other days.

Sunday 28th? Nothing against it really, except it's getting a bit close to the proper show season, and specifically Arley Hall.

Sunday 14th? This was my original choice of weekend, but there is the POL clash. Is that going to deter anyone? Would you have been going there instead?

Sunday 7th? Might be a bit early, indeed I'm not entirely sure my chosen meeting point will have re-opened after the winter, but I'll find out as soon as I can. Subject to that, I would favour this date. Views, anyone?

No real preference on date mate, personally I've no interest whatsoever in pol, I also couldn't find anything relating to a show at arley hall in April?

Ill be there on any of the four dates tbh