Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

10 minutes ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

Just looked them up. So they're modern Chinatat? Detail looks phenomenal though. The only ones I could find were 1/76, so tiny little things I assume...

Yeah, OO Railway Scale - oddly enough, the only EFE I have is a Panorama Elite in Sheffield United livery; must have had it since I was 13 or so. Great detail to the paintwork, though the wheels are a bit plasticky looking these days.

I'd say these are restoration project grade, as they've got bubbling paint from what looks like damp storage!

19 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Nyarrr... not a lot to tickle my fancy at today's tat market, I'm afraid...

20200731_101213.thumb.jpg.2d745f7529328c0a69dcacbf68969ac9.jpg

Doesn't look like anything's shifted from a fortnight ago, so mebbe he wasn't here last week either. Tenner quoted on the older stuff; £20 for the articulated Corgi Majors.

20200731_101220.thumb.jpg.73a4d7db75b38f020970844d0934dd7a.jpg

Probably a coupla quid on the Lesney stuff; GMC Refrigerated Truck has its tailgate, which always seems to be missing - ditto the Field Car's hood.

Some very dusty and paint-damaged Corgi/EFE buses were also in attendance:

20200731_103038.thumb.jpg.893b76473d39df060db4e7f69a160376.jpg

There were more, but a giffer swooped down and scooped four of them while I was setting up this shot. He handed over a twenty pound note, so I guess these are a fiver a pop.

20200731_105423.thumb.jpg.46db5b52823110e411e018b45ea97a50.jpg

Big blue 1/36-ish modern coach has no windows, and is a diecast job by 'Old Cars' of Italy - if that means anything to anyone?

No diecast on the charity stall this week, and nothing of much interest elsewhere...

Not a vintage week, sorry!

ohi dunno, the matchbox Trojan? van and the GMC refrigerated truck both look ok,

what is the score with the Corgi Ford Consul Classic, is it a repaint? i'm guessing the blue Jag in front of it has been painted too?

4 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Yeah, OO Railway Scale - oddly enough, the only EFE I have is a Panorama Elite in Sheffield United livery; must have had it since I was 13 or so. Great detail to the paintwork, though the wheels are a bit plasticky looking these days.

I'd say these are restoration project grade, as they've got bubbling paint from what looks like damp storage!

Just a shame that they didn't produce them about twice the size! For that sort of detail at such a small scale,  you'd assume it would be easier to produce a larger model. 

The Corgi Classics range had a fair few buses in 1/43, and they were great but pricey enough - I have the Guy Arab and Leyland Tiger Cub, and I'm still on the lookout for their Leyland Atlantean, 25 years on...

The OOC/EFE range was priced at a tenner a go when new, though - they were really popular at the model shop where I worked. Often they ended up on model railway layouts, which I'm guessing is where these dusty dusty boys came from...

**STOP PRESS PRICE CRASH TO £3 OMG**

20200731_112433.thumb.jpg.3767e7075923f2a62d61e1aa73949420.jpg

16 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

ohi dunno, the matchbox Trojan? van and the GMC refrigerated truck both look ok,

what is the score with the Corgi Ford Consul Classic, is it a repaint? i'm guessing the blue Jag in front of it has been painted too?

Yeah, the Lesneys aren't too bad - £3 each on each of them.

The Corgi Consul's been really badly touched up, while the Jag's a full repaint - £10 on them, which maybe isn't bad but I don't think I'd spring for them speculatively!

Ok, think it might be time to scoot... it's been a minor emotional rollercoaster this morning, but eventually my nihilistic 'fuck it' streak won through - and so I have a heavy bag of diecast shite, some of which is definitely ex-Tat Stall stuff which had mysteriously migrated over to the Charity Stall, and some of which is basically cheapo wheel donors which I will be posting up here for 10p each...

20200731_115112.thumb.jpg.55ab4a5c3a5cb043f80998652ac87e87.jpg

...stay turned to this frequency.

31 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Yeah, the Lesneys aren't too bad - £3 each on each of them.

The Corgi Consul's been really badly touched up, while the Jag's a full repaint - £10 on them, which maybe isn't bad but I don't think I'd spring for them speculatively!

yes leave them be, they sound horrible! shame as the pictures were really flattering them....

i wonder if anyone has an Airfix Vauxhall Viva?

looks a nice car too, not that the hand drawn illustration in a catalogue can REALLY be relied upon for an accurate picture of it!

still all part of the charm of retail catalogues from the 1960's, be it slot cars, toy trains and diecasts.

Ladybird books from that period too are the same. I have got several editions of the cars book upstairs somewhere, along with Railway Trains of the World and one about Aeroplanes.

All have really beautiful illustrations with a nice potted history.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

Few more arrivals:

20200731_112513.thumb.jpg.b9b57abb17c7616795f2778d2c2a67ce.jpg

Red Corgi Metro half-hidden at the back is decent enough; Renault 5 Alpine just slightly too scruffy to make the cut for the DC Permanently Collection. But beside it....

20200731_113250.thumb.jpg.b2920b9fe84c45b4aa7d785e421ef52c.jpg

20200731_113308.thumb.jpg.09eeb8bfbf0a5edd937f02769811ccfb.jpg

20200731_113323.thumb.jpg.b137ed7fc83713376818cd3a297bf09e.jpg

That's a new one on me.

darn it! wished i'd seen that Corvair earlier!!

15 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

i wonder if anyone has an Airfix Vauxhall Viva?

As an aside, this was one of @eddyramrod's childhood models, customised with wide arches, front spoiler, sunroof, and painted the way he wanted it; complete with driver

Last year I was lucky enough to buy it, repair it, motorise it; and it lives on as a drifting Viva instead

2 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Not sure it was on the stall earlier!

Would you be interested at a fiver  if it's still there?

Usually i would say "yes please" but today i think i had better leave it for another day, cos i've been and ordered a new telly!

bloody house things getting in the way of hoarding adding to the diecast tat collection.

thank you for offering all the same x

On 7/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, flat4alfa said:

Forgot to follow-up on these.

DO NOT CLICK !