Split_Pin

Shite in Miniature II

2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I've been pondering getting one of those limos, I'll see how yours looks. I do have the frankly terrible Majorette Mercedes limo as a bit of a back burner project too

49817706666_69089d34c0_4k.jpg20200425_164304 by RS, on Flickr

That needs to be a recreation of King Jaffe Joffers Mercedes....

Zamunda.thumb.jpg.d94b02043694d12f668e5767e473ce88.jpg

I was quite pleased to find my old Citroen 2CV is now my nephew’s current favourite toy car.

DC8EC9F1-E9FB-4C3D-97B3-677C3AF4D845.thumb.jpeg.1358130a59715b808dbdcca37eb3c3cd.jpeg

He’s possibly not seen a real one.

It’s a corgi iirc, I remember buying along with a Rover SD1 & a Triumph TR7,  all in the same shade of yellow.

I was useful for recreating the chase early in For Your Eyes Only.

2 hours ago, Sudsprint said:

By post today a real Ebay delight for £40. Near mint Dinky Vega Major coach, superbly packaged for the post. Restores your faith etc etc

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

Did you put a battery in it to test the flashing indicators yet?

They are a great model.

I picked one up for £5.00 A few years ago, nowhere near as nice as that one though.

I don't buy cars now - generally I get them as a gift.

I cannot help but notice how expensive the obsolete stuff now is - especially on tinterweb.

18 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

In the LEFT corner:  The CORGI Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman. 

Don't suppose you (or anybody else) would be able to point me in the right direction of the right size / shape of replacement tyre for this?

Mine has a tyre missing but is otherwise near mint. I've seen loads and loads of sets of Dinky tyres on eBay, but would hate to end up buying something slightly and annoyingly wrong.

17 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

Don't suppose you (or anybody else) would be able to point me in the right direction of the right size / shape of replacement tyre for this?

Mine has a tyre missing but is otherwise near mint. I've seen loads and loads of sets of Dinky tyres on eBay, but would hate to end up buying something slightly and annoyingly wrong.

When I needed some I just messaged a seller on eBay who had various sizes and asked which I needed

I had a package arrive today containing goodness:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9b9c83f750890ea53b7b365b3dea8ba.jpeg

Thanks DC! Great to see my old skip back on a D-Series in its original colour and with the arms intact (mine was brush-painted green and lost its arms many years ago). Tha Land Rover and Jaguar also replace examples I'd had as a youngster.

I found another  hotwheels Dream Mobile in morrisons tonight so i bought it ..There were also several Volvo  850 touring cars in blue livery..i can go back for them  if anyone wants one . 

IMG_20200528_001511.thumb.jpg.e7ecf47eacccbbc71cff3504e9977d29.jpg

Sunny Truck kit is progressing well:

49935746751_5738378f3f_c.jpg

1:24 Hasegawa Nissan Sunny Truck kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

49935232413_b12d17817a_c.jpg

1:24 Hasegawa Nissan Sunny Truck kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

It had its final coat of paint last night and is now drying out in the airing cupboard. Fixing the 10 tiny little loadbay hooks was a challenge, on two occasions I nearly lost one of them. I'm also making up some odds and ends to go in the back, hence the Honda Tact scooter, tool box and fuel cans from other kits.

Went to big Tesco yesterday, first time since all this pandemic started.  What a waste of time...  Full of all last years Matchbox stock!  Just one of the new range and that was a lonesome Mk1 Golf.   Hot Wheels were all old stock too, none of the 2020 range. 

So went to Poundland.  Only a handful on the shelf but at least were new stock.  Bought the 32 Ford hot rod.

Went to B&M.  Same again, no new stock for months.

I think I live in a minature-shite-deprived area!  Why the stock is so different across the country I don't understand.  I might have to move to Ipswich I think.

In the meantime I will continue to get my stock from our Carrickfergus roving tat correspondent

Just now, sierraman said:

Might have imagined this but didn’t they do a ‘For your Eyes Only’ Corgi Juniors gift set but because there was no Cortina in the range they had to improvise? 

You are correct.  They improvised with their existing casting of the Merc 240D.

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Metal body ,plastic chassis and   grill. Plastic roof and  screen

Ah.  I've only ever seen the one and disregarded it thinking it all plastic....   oops.