Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I think chocolate lime with white half vinyl top would be winner winner chicken dinner, the sort of car driven everywhere at 27 mph by some 4ft 6 old dear in her 80s, or  some grumpy Austrian in Stockport would love to own

Started the dry fit on the Torino.  It's quite a nice kit, fit seems very good and there's minimal flashing on the parts.  Only annoyance so far has been that there's some parts for a different version - probably the TV car - and no mention of that in the instructions, so there's more parts than you actually need.  I'm also amused at the excessive amount of engine detail combined with the minimal number of opening panels.  Ideally suited to grandma since it comes with power steering, automatic gearbox, bench seat in the front, and column shift.  Definitely not a speed machine, more of a comfy Sunday church car.

post-5335-0-19731600-1551314892_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-74839900-1551314903_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-51381600-1551314909_thumb.jpg

It's also massive compared to what I'm used to working on so I'm a little apprehensive about the bodywork.  The small detail work bothers me less since it's all bigger than I'm used to working with.  I'm leaning towards brown interior and pale yellow exterior at the moment.

Not really feeling the market stall diecast love this morning, sadly - see Grumpy Thread for details of my latest First-World problems - so nothing much jumped out at me today and I left St George's with nothing more than a bag of scones.

However, if any of you lot see owt you fancy... I'll skip back at lunchtime and make enquiries/purchases as directed.

Everything shown here is between £1 and £5, as far as I can gather, with the 50s/60s Dinky/Corgi at top whack, the 70s stuff middling and the Matchbox etc down the lower end.

20190301_083503.jpg

20190301_083458.jpg

20190301_083446.jpg

20190301_083532.jpg

Some from the boxes out the back. I dunno why he doesn't display these up front; it's not like there isn't enough room for a few more. Boxed stuff: £5, unboxed stuff: £3.

20190301_084346.jpg

20190301_084351.jpg

20190301_084429.jpg

I'd been half-hoping that the silver Corgi Fiat X1/9 from two weeks back would still be there - even if it was just a little bit shabbier than I'd ideally want - but it was gone.

I dithered a bit about the gold Porsche 924 (again, a few too many small marks and a broken spotlamp to mar my display pleasure) and the Corgitronics Chevrolet Caprice fire chief car (in good overall nick with battery cover still in place, though missing its lamp cover, but my goodness Mettoy's standard of fit and finish was poor by the end - feels so light and flimsy) - but in the end came away with neither.

The Brumm model of the 1829 Gurney Steam Carriage did tempt me, most oddly... I may return.

Mr Cog, I would much like the Dinky RR Shadow (its the red one top LH corner in the box in Pic 5) and also the Corgi Classics lilac Renault in its box above the Indian fellows in Pic 3.  And that little tin BOAC plane too! 

You are a star....Cheers! 

Bah...pipped by Amishtat cos my Missus asked me to do summat before I posted! 

Never mind, I will just have the Renner veteran and that plane!  

thanks again

On 3/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, Junkman said:

That'll be the Dinky traffic signs, the Royce Silver Wraith and the Euclid dump truck for me, please.

Sure thing - I shall head over and make enquiries at noon!

The Euclid seemed complete but the rear axle is slightly bent.

20190301_083446_LI (2).jpg

Rolls is missing bumpers etc though casting seems ok.

20190301_083458 (2).jpg

Dinky signs look very good, though I didn't ask if they're also £5 - do you desire them at any cost, or have you an upper price limit in mind?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, Amishtat said:

The red Rolls from the boxes at the back please and what's the red coupe on the left of the same picture?

Corgi Rolls Royce Corniche - noted! It's been clumsily 'detailed' by some child with silver paint (NB - not me, this time) but otherwise quite nice.

20190301_084346_LI.jpg

Metallic red coupe on the left is a Matchbox Superkings K-48/1 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC, like this one:

Matchbox Superkings K-48-1 Mercedes 350 SLC.jpg

Looked in decent overall nick, too.

Probably looking £3 each for them, if that seems ok? I shall head over and see what remains!

On 3/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, mercrocker said:

Mr Cog, I would much like the Dinky RR Shadow (its the red one top LH corner in the box in Pic 5) and also the Corgi Classics lilac Renault in its box above the Indian fellows in Pic 3.  And that little tin BOAC plane too! 

You are a star....Cheers! 

Bah...pipped by Amishtat cos my Missus asked me to do summat before I posted! 

Never mind, I will just have the Renner veteran and that plane!  

thanks again

Heh, the Roller is a 1980s Corgi version, so maybe not to your vintage taste... but yes to the Renner (again, have you an upper price in mind for this - he may ask more than £5 as it's pretty much M/B) 

20190301_083446.jpg

...and to the BOAC tinplate (it was at the bottom of the box with its tail bent, but I thought someone might like it...)

20190301_084346 (2).jpg

As ever, there may be disappointment and sad tears if these have already been rehomed, but I'll do my best!

Sure thing - I shall head over and make enquiries at noon!

The Euclid seemed complete but the rear axle is slightly bent.

attachicon.gif20190301_083446_LI (2).jpg

Rolls is missing bumpers etc though casting seems ok.

attachicon.gif20190301_083458 (2).jpg

Dinky signs look very good, though I didn't ask if they're also £5 - do you desire them at any cost, or have you an upper price limit in mind?

That's fine and I'd go up to 15 quid for the signs.

Right chaps: heading over to the market now with my little shopping list as follows:

Junkman -

• Dinky Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith
  • Dinky Euclid dump truck
  • Dinky European Road Signs Set

Amishtat - 

• Corgi Rolls-Royce Corniche
  • [Matchbox Mercedes 350 SLC?]

Mercrocker - 

• Corgi Classics - Veteran Renault (in lilac)
  • BOAC tinplate plane

Catch you on the flipside, gents! Add to the thread here if there's anything else, and I'll attempt to pick it up on my phone.

Okay then, some smiles and some frowns:

On 3/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, Datsuncog said:

Right chaps: heading over to the market now with my little shopping list as follows:
Junkman -

• Dinky Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith - procured: £5 :)
  • Dinky Euclid dump truck already gone :(
  • Dinky European Road Signs looking £25 for these - bit steep maybe, as box is covered in old brown sticky tape :(
Amishtat -
  • Corgi Rolls-Royce Corniche -procured: £3 :)
  • [Matchbox Mercedes 350 SLC] - dunno if you wanted this, but it's still there if you're interested, at £3  :neutral: 
Mercrocker -
  • Corgi Classics - Veteran Renault (in lilac) already gone :(
  • BOAC tinplate plane -procured: £2 :)
Catch you on the flipside, gents! Add to the thread here if there's anything else, and I'll attempt to pick it up on my phone.

Since there's mebbe not quite what everyone wanted, happy to hold off posting these until such time as there's a worthwhile amount to parcel up?

I'm still circulating, in case there's anything else that catches anyone's eye...

50p boxes are pretty much as per a fortnight ago - can't see anything else new in there.

Anything decent in the 50p box?

Meh - nothing great, tbh. Plenty of Matchbox Superfast and Corgi Juniors, but mostly damaged/scratched/repainted. Think the good stuff's been mostly winnowed out now. Anything in particular you're looking for as repaint projects? Quite a few Corgi Volvo estates, Buick Regals, Rover SD1s, but all a bit worse for wear. Nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, really. I'll buck up a few close-up pics later!

Ok then, as promised for Sierraman...

20190301_124614.jpg

Box the first:

20190301_123758.jpg

Various Matchbox (mostly Superfast, some Lesney regular wheels, some modernz), Corgi Juniors and Majorette, plus a few blackwall Hot Wheels and loads of no-name Far Eastern stuff.

20190301_124541.jpg

As can be seen, most of these aren't in great nick - the majority are missing bits like doors and wheels, are heavily playworn or have suffered Death By Humbrol (some luckless objects have been inflicted with all three).

The Lincoln Continental is ok here, but not really any better than the one already in my old toybox. The Renault 17 has a dented door, otherwise I would have had it. The Majorette Beach Buggy is a bit of an oddity, but seems to be missing a hood or engine cover or something. Again, these are all things I would have hoovered up a few years back, but I'm trying to be more selective in my acquisitions (and failing, mostly).

Box the second:

20190301_123807.jpg

Same again, really - more borderline 70s & 80s stuff, with added plastic soldiers, bits of Britains farm toys and other random bits of plastic tat.

20190301_124223.jpg

Lots o' Corgi Juniors Volvo 245DLs, but worse than the ones I already have. Green one lacks a tailgate. Rovers plentiful also.

20190301_124319.jpg

The Monteverdi Hai is a nice little casting - but I don't need any resto projects right now, and the Humbrol customisation puts it into that category for me. The De Tomaso is similarly just a bit too tatty to appeal to me.

Box the third:

20190301_124324.jpg

You're seeing a pattern here, right? Again, cheapo unbranded stuff and broken old stuff, for the most part. I think I've pretty much plucked anything that appeals to me from all of these. Which still won't stop me from hoking, of course... blue Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels Beach Buggy (just visible on the left) was quite nice, though missing its hood. I had a worse one in orange. Come to think of it, it's probably with you now?