Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Some accuse me of just buying stuff and hoarding it in my model mausoleum.

They are wrong, however.

I have been a busy bee and restored two more of the ex Eddyramrod wares.

Firstly the Kennel Club Ford Pickup.

46318756644_d22142464f_b.jpg

It's a modification of this tooling:

33167479888_268c76172f_b.jpg

Apart from altering the body mould, they scrapped the interior and made the window bit tinted in lieu.

I am now looking for another shonky example of the original pick up, so I can use its clear part and interior to pimp my kennel truck.

I also tried to make the E Type uglier than it is by default, which turned out to be impossible.

33167478538_26b91b6294_b.jpg

33167476278_83b9c19492_b.jpg

Semi broken rim to be replaced once I sourced a Döner wreck.

There seems to be a trend to amputate the Fiat's roofrack, something I was contemplating for a long time.

But seeing it actually being executed by many*, I did the polar opposite, ordered the replacement luggage from Steve Flowers and did my straightest restoration hitherto.

33167472518_24ea5d9243_b.jpg

47042686061_8cce93f822_b.jpg

Did you know that this model shares its interior with the Ford Corsair?

If it doesn't, I have a factory error here.

Some may remember that I acquired this a while ago.

46931474931_9298ac1614_b.jpg

Well, I can't say it was an easy task and it fought me all the way, prompting me to use language a lot, something, as you know, I normally would never do.

It now looks like this:

47042716421_b82b12ca3f_b.jpg

47042715161_082ef247c0_b.jpg

33167507348_9f030757cd_b.jpg

33167506488_05a749d20a_b.jpg

33167505048_c16d153a1a_b.jpg

33167503348_f0636eb4bb_b.jpg

46129045005_0b1ff8fa05_b.jpg

Not two toning it despite Spot On did that even on much humbler wares must be the pinnacle of arrogance.

That I was told not to two tone it by Junkdaughter #2, who has a keen eye for shapes and colours, has self evidently nothing* to do with it.

Apart from altering the body mould, they scrapped the interior and made the window bit tinted in lieu.

I am now looking for another shonky example of the original pick up, so I can use its clear part and interior to pimp my kennel truck.

I'm slightly amazed you failed to spot any of the several shonky Ford pickups I have here.  I can help, as Billy Swann sang.

Decided to have a bit of fun with this tatty matchbox 57 Chevy casting.

The bonnet was missing so another tatty one was sacrificed,and it was painted white,

To look like fiberglass gelcoat.

Added some new wheels,and mounted the front axle on top of the baseplate to kind of give the impression of a homemade project gasser still being built.

It kinda works,and kept me amused for a while :mrgreen:

post-5543-0-15273900-1549802919_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-81404100-1549802931_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-30995500-1549802943_thumb.jpg

There seems to be a trend to amputate the Fiat's roofrack, something I was contemplating for a long time.

But seeing it actually being executed by many*, I did the polar opposite, ordered the replacement luggage from Steve Flowers and did my straightest restoration hitherto.

33167472518_24ea5d9243_b.jpg

47042686061_8cce93f822_b.jpg

Did you know that this model shares its interior with the Ford Corsair?

If it doesn't, I have a factory error here.

I think that looks great, good job for bucking the trend*

I want to R16 to a toy fair in France this year. Who is in?

Frogchod, can you make any recommendations by any chance?

As it happens I went to one this morning :)

www.passionautomobile.com and www.lva-auto.fr   list all the major toy fairs.

I've only been to a few so cant really recommend any. But any that's been going for years would be a good bet. That one Egg posted is in its 26 year so could be good.

I'll be going to the mahoosive* bourse near Caen and the one in St James again this year.

Mahoosive Bourse near Caen is definitely on the GGG calendar again this year.

Where else in France would one have the opportunity to actually get something to eat?

What's the one in St James? And when?

St James is on the 22nd of April.

That's a bank holiday Monday so you'll starve.

It was a genuine question as they look too good to be brush painted, so was wondering your method.

Not everyone is out to have a go at you ;)

It wasn't understood that way.

They are all rattle canned.

Now, I wouldn't recommend this method to someone just starting restorations, for the following reasons.

- Rattle cans are too expensive. They add a massive fee to an already - let's face it - expensive hobby.

- The quality of rattle cans is very inconsistent. Basically it's a hit or miss every time you use one.

- The adhesion of the paint is a hit and miss, too. Despite using etch primer and then normal primer, the paint is still very susceptible to chipping, especially at the edges of opening features.

- That stuff is extremely toxic.

The only reason I still use them is because I have accumulated a shitload over the past 30 odd years and painting old diecasts is one method to get rid of them. I want to ween myself off them and thus bought some airbrush equipment, which should enable me to use cheap non toxic hobby paints in a controlled environment. You can buy all you need for this for under 100 quid, the price of eight rattle cans nowadays. The paint itself costs pennies and you can mix your own colours.

I will never again use a rattle can on a plastic model kit. Procrastinating the use of the airbrush equipment out of fear I'm too cackhanded for it is the main reason why you don't see any built model kits from me lately.