Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Split_Pin

Recommended Posts

Also got this in the post, think I posted it up on the eBay thread but decided to bid on it. 

I've seen a lot of these James Bond partwork cars and they do look quite good, but never bothered to get any until I saw this GP buggy.

Also got to try out the set of triangular bits @Datsuncogsent me ages ago to get it off the base!

20220910_110814.thumb.jpg.6c1421dbce8201afc339a40afdd2f30e.jpg20220910_111435.thumb.jpg.38199dba42c81b65c60a19ff7136b77c.jpg20220910_111457.thumb.jpg.048ba29682243e4f2d0fb3c17756ed73.jpg20220910_111447.thumb.jpg.cf448b321bded895985b98cec894faa5.jpg20220910_111429.thumb.jpg.27c7b3916a6a5d1f05feef2011eb570f.jpg

Driver looks slightly perturbed 

20220910_111503.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's very nice. The Bond partwork cars vary quite dramatically in merit; I've got the View To A Kill Renault 11 (there are two versions...  I've got the one that isn't in half), and it's absolutely superb. I've also got the Audi 200 from The Living Daylights, and while it's nice enough, its proportions are sadly miles off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RoadworkUK said:

That's very nice. I really like the little dioramas that each of those Bond partworks is presented in, but it's a shame that the cars vary quite dramatically in merit. I've got the View To A Kill Renault 11 (there are two versions...  I've got the one that isn't in half), and it's absolutely superb. I've also got the Audi 200 from The Living Daylights, and while it's nice enough, its proportions are sadly miles off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

My Uncle Robert had one of these in a darker shade of green in the early 1980s. I was just old enough to remember it. He sold it because, I quote "It went into big holes".

To be fair, the base represents pretty much all there was under these. We had E817PMS, a 127 Fiorino work van in the mid 1990s and the underside is pretty much 2 flat floorpans and an exhaust. By 1995 it still had no rust at all but the engine and indeed the replacement, knocked badly. I still have the grille from the donor car in my loft.

Christ this is really weird. I have an uncle Robert as well. But he had a Renner 25 and a 21, serial Renault botherer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Christ this is really weird. I have an uncle Robert as well. But he had a Renner 25 and a 21, serial Renault botherer

I also have an uncle Robert, but he used to have a mostly filler some parts metal Volvo 240.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mira Seat 128 3P arrived early today, its a very nice wee thing. I'm right pleased with it.

20220910_175216.thumb.jpg.0669bb76d33906112793bdcc1a063fb0.jpg

20220910_175229.thumb.jpg.b6f2a4e13b5a74c2b2d0697c6a52bc1e.jpg

20220910_175152.thumb.jpg.7980969887aa297d67dfa6ab97ce5dc4.jpg

Theres a story why I've wanted to find a contemporary model of a 128 3P. Way back in the mid 1990s there used to be a light green example, OFS 77P that parked in front of a house on the canal which I used to walk past every day. By then the door bottoms were beginning to rust but in 1995, all the rust disappeared and it appeared to have had quite a thorough restoration. It was still in daily use at that point too. 

Some while later it disappeared and the last I heard of it was from @fiatdaft that it was on a barn near Whitecross, the next town from Linlithgow where I used to live. That was about 13 or 14 years ago and I have  no idea where it is now, but it's still on SORN somewhere!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

Christ this is really weird. I have an uncle Robert as well. But he had a Renner 25 and a 21, serial Renault botherer

I think we have said it before but we've definitely led parallel lives.

Maybe I'm just a sierraman hologram!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

994B3CDB-D50B-448E-9D8B-E827B2E3AB62.thumb.jpeg.340c8ee676e98a9b48332f9f9e728a29.jpeg

This BMW 3 series coupe was an impulse buy the other weekend (with the M3 coupe) and cost a rather reasonable £20 too. Its a 1/18th BMW dealer model made by Kyosho and is just delightful! The more you look the more you spot, like electric seat switches for instance, or the glazed frameless doors. I think it’s a pukka BMW colour too, paint finish is excellent.

9E737A6E-5934-4722-AF81-40CA8AE01AA2.thumb.jpeg.323d10442fea9980b4f898adb0788570.jpeg

D6B8F1E9-0AAC-4D2D-AF41-5438BE3D7158.thumb.jpeg.7a3cf48b412db7e08fee4ae44cd9e327.jpeg

As you’d expect in a toy car it has carpet, and even better boot carpet 😳 Note the warning triangle too!

5B7E03E2-41C0-482D-AB76-DDB1384E0347.thumb.jpeg.7cf18048fed76899d00b822a44d618ab.jpeg

0C2F2031-6E44-4A0B-866E-711660C3E559.thumb.jpeg.6cd56362439e86d4903f7c3e294d8218.jpeg

Under the bonnet is just as fine, down to the tool kit, I’m kinda regretting not buying the other one he had now which was a Z8, but the paint had blistered oddly. So in conclusion if you spot one cheaply jump in it, even if you don’t like BMW’s 👍

CF239767-41FE-406B-B11A-B0BD8BBBE68E.thumb.jpeg.c760a1ba0f019d9162f3ac25d3883304.jpeg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was planning on doing a big load of nothing this weekend, but I mentioned the toy fair was on and it was suggested I went, quite possibly just to get me out from under her feet!

There's a distinct lack of 50p rummage boxes lately, several £1 ones though. 

image.png.85701a40fc4a8cc86f21bcb0316b444d.png

Still, I found a few things I was willing to pay that for. This is the oddest - a plastic Scirocco 

20220911_115349.thumb.jpg.75ef5f4ba65cc5566d87e074fd3e4c34.jpg20220911_115356.thumb.jpg.007d522bd79c2bd3e25448a63d3bb141.jpg20220911_115401.thumb.jpg.2851acfe3fb42ad81802474d693434b1.jpg20220911_115406.thumb.jpg.62f0be785bebe3c19c5f4861c2befa1c.jpg

Rockets XR7 I do have...

20220911_114429.thumb.jpg.918cb6f8dca395bff5a80e6de418ec45.jpg

But Capri and Merc SL I do not

20220911_114615.thumb.jpg.db2769d059736194ab53e731a48aba80.jpg20220911_114529.thumb.jpg.800f833083462f85bfb11a65cef4a716.jpg20220911_114547.thumb.jpg.72010e7312ccdcdb724e6eae0e5964b4.jpg

The seller of both Mercs also had some tidy fantasy Matchboxes

20220911_115157.thumb.jpg.75a90c69753077f85bcb84f1b2d3aefa.jpg20220911_115132.thumb.jpg.d54a349645c01c96175dda4e416b88c1.jpg20220911_115103.thumb.jpg.a5ae3b9b63af5374168a5a7c423b0f16.jpg

But this sad Thames was at the bottom of a tat box

20220911_114728.thumb.jpg.3c8958fc0b6d6fdd29176e9edef48aa6.jpg

First, and most expensive buy of the day was this Tonka TR7 for £5

20220911_114654.jpg

20220911_114702.jpg

What's that saying about repenting at leisure? Snapped up this Setra coach thinking the colour was unusual 

20220911_115029.thumb.jpg.575a9bf55241caa1da799c06899d53f3.jpg

That's because it's a repaint - also has the rivet in a very strange place making resto harder

20220911_115040.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

You have an eye for the unusual Rich, that plastic Scirrocco and Tonka TR7 are ace. I haven't seen the Setra Coach either, really nice.

Thank you - I think I just have so much now that the unusual stands out. Setra coach doesn't turn up too often but it's a pleasing little thing 

 

2022-09-11_12-52-12.jpg

2022-09-11_12-52-02.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, andrew e said:

 

This BMW 3 series coupe was an impulse buy the other weekend (with the M3 coupe) and cost a rather reasonable £20 too.

That's an outrageous bargain. I love that they took the trouble to model the humble 318ci rather than just the flashy models, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some late case Hot Wheels in Poundland. Filled a couple of gaps, (50p less than Morrisons too...)

IMG_20220911_143705.thumb.jpg.3c749d2257f1d13ff80103c89228c7ae.jpg

IMG_20220911_143824.thumb.jpg.eadd499f1c9b4296be823d4c634921a9.jpg

IMG_20220911_143910.thumb.jpg.6f1d0ca14591de84b783ea6dae658f30.jpg

IMG_20220911_144013.thumb.jpg.66976e2ca10d647a53ab647f67f49470.jpg

IMG_20220911_144031.thumb.jpg.6e3afb58c081e5db8bf1d45992fb041b.jpg

The Miura has been on here a few times but I was chuffed to find one. It's a beaut!

IMG_20220911_144059.thumb.jpg.1dadabde6436f339962b8b67b4493a67.jpg

IMG_20220911_144353.thumb.jpg.e362b4cbcc809435414beb78e24eb681.jpg

IMG_20220911_144502.thumb.jpg.7644dfc19ef1802a6201c5241b9e3de2.jpg

Nice colour scheme for the SVO 'Stang. Liking the factory graphics too,

IMG_20220911_144610.thumb.jpg.b51a7c6e84d24b90460ff4ea75af0b60.jpg

Unfortunately, I got a text from the Mrs to say a fault warning has appeared on the Corsa on her way to work saying 'airbag service'. A quick scoot on the Corsa E forum reveals that this innocent looking message means "a probable expensive airbag module failure followed by removal of several hundred pounds by the local Vauxhall dealer". So this might be it for diecast purchasing for a while!

AVAS indeed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I was planning on doing a big load of nothing this weekend, but I mentioned the toy fair was on and it was suggested I went, quite possibly just to get me out from under her feet!

There's a distinct lack of 50p rummage boxes lately, several £1 ones though. 

image.png.85701a40fc4a8cc86f21bcb0316b444d.png

Still, I found a few things I was willing to pay that for. This is the oddest - a plastic Scirocco 

20220911_115349.thumb.jpg.75ef5f4ba65cc5566d87e074fd3e4c34.jpg20220911_115356.thumb.jpg.007d522bd79c2bd3e25448a63d3bb141.jpg20220911_115401.thumb.jpg.2851acfe3fb42ad81802474d693434b1.jpg20220911_115406.thumb.jpg.62f0be785bebe3c19c5f4861c2befa1c.jpg

Rockets XR7 I do have...

20220911_114429.thumb.jpg.918cb6f8dca395bff5a80e6de418ec45.jpg

But Capri and Merc SL I do not

20220911_114615.thumb.jpg.db2769d059736194ab53e731a48aba80.jpg20220911_114529.thumb.jpg.800f833083462f85bfb11a65cef4a716.jpg20220911_114547.thumb.jpg.72010e7312ccdcdb724e6eae0e5964b4.jpg

The seller of both Mercs also had some tidy fantasy Matchboxes

20220911_115157.thumb.jpg.75a90c69753077f85bcb84f1b2d3aefa.jpg20220911_115132.thumb.jpg.d54a349645c01c96175dda4e416b88c1.jpg20220911_115103.thumb.jpg.a5ae3b9b63af5374168a5a7c423b0f16.jpg

But this sad Thames was at the bottom of a tat box

20220911_114728.thumb.jpg.3c8958fc0b6d6fdd29176e9edef48aa6.jpg

First, and most expensive buy of the day was this Tonka TR7 for £5

20220911_114654.jpg

20220911_114702.jpg

What's that saying about repenting at leisure? Snapped up this Setra coach thinking the colour was unusual 

20220911_115029.thumb.jpg.575a9bf55241caa1da799c06899d53f3.jpg

That's because it's a repaint - also has the rivet in a very strange place making resto harder

20220911_115040.jpg

Some nice finds there especially the Rockets Capri😎.The plastic Scirocco is one I learnt about when I was looking into this set I bought from a fete a few years back20220911_150529.thumb.jpg.8c10383e60177b237b402d9036032e12.jpg

20220911_150555.thumb.jpg.626f9298d012f7cd1c36b268b705f29f.jpg

Unfortunately,there were no cars with it,but you can never have too many plastic cones or Greek road signs 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought this purely because it's branded both Zee and MC Toys. The quality* is evident throughout 

20220911_161943.thumb.jpg.95750f6fdc451e111568c9575068ab66.jpg20220911_161951.thumb.jpg.8bbf0a33aef24234f01d910ea0a81eae.jpg20220911_162007.thumb.jpg.c04189237f3c5338074f8e76e3c39c26.jpg

And I finally got the Mira Turbo Fury repaired with the fans from a Matchbox.  I'd love to know if this and the Stretcha Fetcha/Mod Tractor were some official tie in with Lesney or if they just ripped them off

20220911_144425.thumb.jpg.51996f5bcec8dafc5633065bdd25f907.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, bunglebus said:

Also got this in the post, think I posted it up on the eBay thread but decided to bid on it. 

I've seen a lot of these James Bond partwork cars and they do look quite good, but never bothered to get any until I saw this GP buggy.

Also got to try out the set of triangular bits @Datsuncogsent me ages ago to get it off the base!

 

Driver looks slightly perturbed 

20220910_111503.jpg

The driver looks like Elton John!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...