Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Split_Pin

Recommended Posts

There were some bits lurking on the doorstep when I got home, including a box I didn't think I was going to see - I had a bunch of Thunderbirds toys arrive last week, which confused me for a while as I hadn't bought them. There was only my name and address on the packaging with no courier label or postage of any sort. Luckily there was a return postcode so worked out they were from an Oxfam shop in Scotland, and someone had paid £30 for them, rather more than my £3 posted! I messaged the seller and left it with them, god knows what they've done as the cars arrived today too. Nothing too exciting but I wanted a Mod Tractor to pair up with my Mira copy, and my old one has vanished 

20220110_151619.thumb.jpg.1bb2669c328aa8b728bc110df3474f78.jpg

And various other odds n sods

20220110_151536.jpg

20220110_151352.jpg

20220110_151306.jpg

20220110_151235.jpg

20220110_151201.jpg

20220110_151125.jpg

20220110_151017.jpg

20220110_150921.jpg

20220110_150837.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other oddities that landed today include one of the Mebetoys/Hot Wheels efforts, I have a couple of these Corvettes already and normally the roof looks really odd as it's completely clear, this one has a black top

20220110_150709.thumb.jpg.d17ff563413446bad36eaf174507a811.jpg

Lastly a local find (although I got them posted to me in the end), some far east castings whose origins are a mystery at present...

20220110_143120.thumb.jpg.169bf30eeee96206b21ac7d3202935ed.jpg20220110_143136.thumb.jpg.ce30914cdbeb039e4b6eca24fed95b9e.jpg20220110_143037.thumb.jpg.6a643349288e57659ed5dcb57ed75676.jpg20220110_143043.thumb.jpg.f5cacb2dcce637241349355d3efbdec8.jpg20220110_142933.thumb.jpg.32a57a29c8b875666e58c6d5356f67d3.jpg20220110_143001.thumb.jpg.cd7bc4e82d0d6df5351b0a5cf40db8a4.jpg

...and a slot car Porsche, the base is a treasure trove of useful information, as it says "made in".

20220110_142842.thumb.jpg.3442514e384feb07338d309bc997b640.jpg20220110_142849.thumb.jpg.6b922c5639b176d44940898cf54e8222.jpg

If only we had someone who knew about slot cars...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More modern today. Small Corgi. Do not know why I have this. I have few from this series (more later) were they given away with fuel or something?

This one has a plain base unlike other Corgi cars produced around the same time.

AS brown before it was AS.

Volvo760Side.thumb.jpg.cd23d38998c919f39d491f3f48b2d68d.jpgVolvo760Base.thumb.jpg.fb40a0a5ab8d2814c1a877b4f6475a84.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh one more delivery - the latest Corgi Club car, and what a beauty it is. Pleased to see the working steering and suspension present and correct. Boot has a really pleasing feel as it clicks into the open position and snaps shut

20220110_141324.jpg

20220110_141430.jpg

20220110_141421.jpg

20220110_141457.jpg

20220110_141514.jpg

Finally one that I have the original of!

2022-01-10_04-48-27.thumb.jpg.b0d57f8eb2fe0c985497f9d1f11eb7d4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'New Year- No buying diecast for a while' thing is going swimmingly.

So, today's arrival,

IMG_20220108_235815.thumb.jpg.828c6794b71e8fed849ecc55b0c7557d.jpg

(To be fair to me, the last two purchases were made between Christmas and New Year...)

 

At last, I've been chasing after one of these buggers for about the last 12 years or so but they always end up on eBay with a £50 price tag. (Rare=£££££££ innit?). Thank goodness for Hattons and their prices on the right side of reasonable.

So, it's the Avenger 'Top Hat' special, with its none-more '80s Electric blue/white vinyl roof combo.

IMG_20220109_000027.thumb.jpg.29dba796c38e38e3fa0b20ba2730186f.jpg

The Vanguards Avenger dates from a good while back, but they did a good job of it. The metallic blue is fab and the white roof still looks sharp. The condition of the model and box suggests it's hardly ever been out.

IMG_20220109_000140.thumb.jpg.3383e0dfa3a3b7f81e7ab3f242a1c8d0.jpg

Not sure about the racing mirrors Corgi fitted to this variant, but they are usually true to the prototypes. Anyway they suit the '70s vibe of the car.

IMG_20220109_000121.thumb.jpg.9861733279f21698ea1c589a2398121f.jpg

Breeze-block numberplate apart (a problem with some Vanguards models), the front end detail is good, for a casting that dates back to the early 2000s. Look at the tiny detail on the grille badge.

IMG_20220109_000158.thumb.jpg.87f35955a789010b2f98144ec7766bb1.jpg

And the money shot! Hnnnngg!! Hockey sticks...

IMG_20220109_001148.thumb.jpg.5d5f1bdee72063f198017620a4c99eca.jpg

Being an older casting, interior detail is 'of it's time', but it's there if you look, and it's good to see the MK1 spec bottle holder door bins modelled, and the steering wheel is a proper Avenger item,

IMG_20220109_001101.thumb.jpg.9213209b17fb771733a1dced37ead74f.jpg

I have only ever seen one Top Hat in the metal some years ago at the well-known Balby motor spares in Doncaster when I was buying a passenger door glass for my Allegro. The Avenger was being sold rather than broken, as it only had some light frontal damage (wing, bonnet, bumper; IIRC all easily repairable). It was slightly tatty but presentable and rock solid in all the right areas. About £500 he wanted for it, but I already had the Allegro and a Merc 190e that had a habit of punching me in the balls every time I touched my wallet. So reluctantly I let it go. (Looking at the 'YG' series reg number on this model, I'm half certain it might have been the car this was based on.) Looking at the all blue interior on this model brings it all back what it was like sitting in that car!

So, another ''want" ticked off the list, but that is going to have to be it for now. Mainly because the 2022 Vanguards range is announced at 6.00 tonight and I already have 3 pre-orders held over from last year...

IMG_20220109_001432.thumb.jpg.9f342ea60d054b6855e8141c0eb71aa9.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I've posted these here yet.

The first model is the Miller Lite Ford Taurus Nascar from 1997. Its just hilarious to me that Ford actually created a racecar based on what is one of the more hated Ford designs of recent history (naturally I do not agree with that). Its also interesting that Hasbro apparently didnt want to pay for the Miller Lite license (unlike all other manufacturers that build a diecast version of the car) and had to modify the car's livery accordingly. I love the paint scheme. Scale 1:34, bought at the Nashville fleemarket as a souvenir for 5 dollars iirc.

51813041884_4253f9d7a2_h.jpg

The second model is even more interesting. After visiting the Jack Daniels dystillery we went around the shops in Lynchburg to see if there was anything interesting to find. One of the real oldschool thrift stores had this super accurate model of a 1992 Geo Storm GSi sitting on a random shelf. I spotted it from a distance and couldn't believe it, obviously I had to have it. It was pretty clear to me that this must have been a promotional model you would get from the dealer back when the car was new, theres no other reason why this would exist in the first place otherwise. Its in perfect condition and I only paid 10 bucks for it so money very well spent. Apparently manufactured by AMT, the scale is 1:24. Fantastic color for a Geo Storm, too. For those who don't know, Geo was GM's answer to the wave of imports flooding the market back then. Its related to the Daihatsu Impulse and second gen Piazza.

51811735837_fdbb5e2a1a_h.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AndyW201 said:

The 'New Year- No buying diecast for a while' thing is going swimmingly.

So, today's arrival,

IMG_20220108_235815.thumb.jpg.828c6794b71e8fed849ecc55b0c7557d.jpg

(To be fair to me, the last two purchases were made between Christmas and New Year...)

 

At last, I've been chasing after one of these buggers for about the last 12 years or so but they always end up on eBay with a £50 price tag. (Rare=£££££££ innit?). Thank goodness for Hattons and their prices on the right side of reasonable.

So, it's the Avenger 'Top Hat' special, with its none-more '80s Electric blue/white vinyl roof combo.

IMG_20220109_000027.thumb.jpg.29dba796c38e38e3fa0b20ba2730186f.jpg

The Vanguards Avenger dates from a good while back, but they did a good job of it. The metallic blue is fab and the white roof still looks sharp. The condition of the model and box suggests it's hardly ever been out.

IMG_20220109_000140.thumb.jpg.3383e0dfa3a3b7f81e7ab3f242a1c8d0.jpg

Not sure about the racing mirrors Corgi fitted to this variant, but they are usually true to the prototypes. Anyway they suit the '70s vibe of the car.

IMG_20220109_000121.thumb.jpg.9861733279f21698ea1c589a2398121f.jpg

Breeze-block numberplate apart (a problem with some Vanguards models), the front end detail is good, for a casting that dates back to the early 2000s. Look at the tiny detail on the grille badge.

IMG_20220109_000158.thumb.jpg.87f35955a789010b2f98144ec7766bb1.jpg

And the money shot! Hnnnngg!! Hockey sticks...

IMG_20220109_001148.thumb.jpg.5d5f1bdee72063f198017620a4c99eca.jpg

Being an older casting, interior detail is 'of it's time', but it's there if you look, and it's good to see the MK1 spec bottle holder door bins modelled, and the steering wheel is a proper Avenger item,

IMG_20220109_001101.thumb.jpg.9213209b17fb771733a1dced37ead74f.jpg

So, another ''want" ticked off the list, but that is going to have to be it for now. Mainly because the 2022 Vanguards range is announced at 6.00 tonight and I already have 3 pre-oreders held over from last year already...

IMG_20220109_001432.thumb.jpg.9f342ea60d054b6855e8141c0eb71aa9.jpg

IMG_20220109_000938.jpg

Lovely model but those numberplates could have been done better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Schaefft said:

One of the real oldschool thrift stores had this super accurate model of a 1992 Geo Storm GSi sitting on a random shelf.

That's lovely. You know, I'd really like a 1:18 Ford Probe. Or even a 1:24 to match the Bburago Capri of that scale. Rather a shame nobody thought to make one in the 90s. Alas, the chances of anybody making such a thing must register at about zero. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

That's lovely. You know, I'd really like a 1:18 Ford Probe. Or even a 1:24 to match the Bburago Capri of that scale. Rather a shame nobody thought to make one in the 90s. Alas, the chances of anybody making such a thing must register at about zero. 

Apparently there's a 1:43 resin model but not much else. I'm somewhat surprised by that, even the Scorpio has a better selection of diecast models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

So - Tesco. No Crapis in sight but picked up these two

20220110_142341.thumb.jpg.8ab55224a923781bc48956b9438321dd.jpg

 

 

I just got one of those! It's the car Robin Williams has in Toys (or at least a variant of it) and therefore I now need a Matchbox LM002 to go with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bunglebus said:

No massive plastic Focii, but these two smol ones just came out of a charity shop box - yours if ya want them 

16418236025202606911749790103002.jpg

Aye I used to have a pair in that colour too, possibly the same size as yours since they were smaller than the Jumbo Focus. Cannot remember where they went now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SOLD!!

(crikey, that didn't hang about long!!)

Right, so some more diecast bits and pieces needing a new home!

I've a box of 1/64 scale Johnny Lightning models to go - 20x US cars, unboxed but most of them with the little vac-formed plastic trays still there to stop them rubbing.

IMG_20220110_124915.thumb.jpg.9e831e2d5795f2ae9a051046a2689a38.jpg

There are a fair few collector cards included too - some are cars from films like the James Bond 007 range and American Graffiti, some are from TV shows (Dragnet, Starsky & Hutch), while others are late 60s muscle cars.

IMG_20220110_124935.thumb.jpg.fb560753cef97bed3f07689776ff7b25.jpg

'62 Chevrolet Bel Air, Ford Fairlane, Ford Mustang, AMC Hornet, '67 Plymouth GTX, '67 Chevelle SS, VW Beetle, Chevrolet Impala.

IMG_20220110_124932.thumb.jpg.5c768e1d25c6f3f80c91df430d1bd4a4.jpg

Mustang Mach 1, '65 Chevy Nova, Chevy El Camino, '62 Bel Air, Chevrolet Caprice.

IMG_20220110_124921.thumb.jpg.bfbe66b4b275077b3f9693acf272e71e.jpg

Chevrolet van (with 'Red Crescent Ambulance' decor removed); '65 Pontiac GTO; Chevrolet Bel Air; '70 Plymouth GTX; '67 Chevelle Malibu.

IMG_20220110_124946.thumb.jpg.8462c0cece0d22bbf35492a9e2198944.jpg

Ford Torino and 'Custom Continental', plus Starsky and Hutch figures.

What do we think - £20 the lot, posted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bren said:

Got this today20220111_134730.thumb.jpg.843a7c8f08d02b0a6404788b48a88557.jpg

Never had this one as a child but my eldest picked up a gold one from a toy fair - it had stickers on it so it was from a superfast gift set. I prefer this style of box. The resemblance to an SD1 is uncanny.

I have a few with Gulf stickers on, I think they were included in a Gift Set sometime in the early seventies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, bunglebus said:

Oh one more delivery - the latest Corgi Club car, and what a beauty it is. Pleased to see the working steering and suspension present and correct. Boot has a really pleasing feel as it clicks into the open position and snaps shut

20220110_141324.jpg

20220110_141430.jpg

20220110_141421.jpg

20220110_141457.jpg

20220110_141514.jpg

Finally one that I have the original of!

2022-01-10_04-48-27.thumb.jpg.b0d57f8eb2fe0c985497f9d1f11eb7d4.jpg

And here is mine. The spare tyres is stuck . I don't think the suit case is original with the car. But I found it in the boot.

BentleyS2Front.thumb.jpg.04646351dac879da1180492d61a446e8.jpg

BentleyS2Rear.thumb.jpg.1b4db4ca68a3e997bbfbff12360be4c6.jpg

I have a number of suitcases for some reason.

Suitcases.thumb.jpg.8348bc4001aa09c2d581265ef4a7197b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I do have it in red but the blue one is nicer

20200210_120544

 

It's lovely to see another one. My Dad's had a towbar on it if memory serves, came with a matching caravan with opening windows and stuff IIRC... maybe I'm getting that mixed up with a different one.

EDIT: I think it was a big Range Rover that was mine that had the matching caravan with yellow windows, Majorette perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Frogchod said:

There's another new part work out here. 

IMG_20220111_161731.thumb.jpg.68f84aadb544ed8748e189e753e831e8.jpgIMG_20220111_161623.thumb.jpg.4006ec542963e197d0b6c829c8998f65.jpgIMG_20220111_161613.thumb.jpg.4f3dffbf2c2a95f21fcd62ccd9a6cdd7.jpg

Not really my thing, but at 2.99 I couldn't resist 

oooh, if they stay reasonably cheap could you grab a Biscooter and a Ligier for me when they come round, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...