Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I can imagine the seller had difficulty pricing this lot up, and he’s dropped it by £250 on what he was asking earlier in the year but it's still £2250:

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-1-24TH-SCALE-SPORTS-CAR-SERIES-MASSIVE-NIB-COLLECTION-OF-1ST-ISSUE-KITS-/191845820109

My maths suggests that’s £33.58 each. A lot have been reissued over the years and are available at rather less than that, which would be fine if they’re just going to get built. There's an ability to submit an offer, but I doubt he'd accept £100....

This was a  matchbox Roller convertible,

all these seem to be found with the windscreen either missing or broken.

Decided to turn it into a coupe,using the roof and glazing from a Hot wheels 07 mustang.

Not that happy with it,but decided to show it anyway.

20160412_151149_zpsjwpwtczd.jpg

20160412_151239_zps97mcgecc.jpg

20160412_151255_zpsribjzmpr.jpg

20160412_151322_zpsqst7wm3p.jpg

20160412_151125_zpskvnzh0zo.jpg

Idea has potential....I immediately thought of this when I saw the first pic - 

post-5367-0-23952300-1460493947_thumb.jpg

Mr Lobster is evil, he just made me part with monies for something in a scale I haven't collected in a while, a 1/24 scale Sappy Cossie partwork doobry, almost certain to get OMFGSCENETAXYO.

On another note, my local Poundland had in a dump bin full of Matchbox/Hotwheels, 1/43 scale Dodge Viper's and Maserati coupe's which look like DeAgostini partworks

There has been some diecast receivage.

Actually, this one isn't a diecast. It's made from "Composite", which I think is a fancy word for what we used to call plastic.

001.jpg

These are what we sometimes refer to as 'melty' Don't leave it in direct sunlight or anywhere too hot as they do have a tendency to do things they aren't supposed to. Ask me how I know etc...

Also known by me as "Norev Fatigue"......

I'll have to find my 1960s Norev Renault 4 van to see if it is still ok.  Real car dashboards and man made fabrics deteriorate in the sun, so Norev problems should not be a surprise.  Presumably, modern plastics are more resistant to U/V and heat damage.