Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

if we are going to mention long redundant building kits, i guess no one else on here remembers Bayko?

Universal%201963%20BAYKO%20Left.jpg

it was an architectural building kit from the 1950's.BAYKO3.jpg

w290.jpgmod0401.jpg

the only reason i know about it is cos me mam had some, which we played with when we were younger. so much so, it has passed on to me.

I remember bako my gran and granddad had some which I always played with when we went over there as a kid loved it

There is an Arkitex set for sale in one of our tat shops for £35.   Very tempted but it seems only to make an endless tower block (and has a lot of empty compartments in the box).   Would be great for re-creating 60s brochure shots in 1/43 scale though.  

If that is a 1/42 scale one, it's still cheap.

They were also available in 00 scale and those literally go for peanuts. And yes, they are ace for making 50s-60s officeshite blockshites.

As far as I understand it, Bayko is about halfway between 00 and 0 scale, I guess S scale, or 1/64, or thereabouts.

It also allows for a much greater variety in architectural styles, especially since apparently you can combine the parts from the Plimpton and Meccano eras,

thus are able to build anything from the 1930s to the 1960s.

I once saw a service station built from Bayko by a guy in Belgium and almost had to cry, it was so nice. Totally Streamline Moderne and stuff.

So when it comes to pure architecture, Bayko is certainly the way to go. If it's pure, unadulterated shite you're after, get yourself an Arkitex kit.

AVANS! This arrived yesterday from Mr Lobster. (Gr11 service, cheers fella!)

attachicon.gif20160402_231037.jpg

Chuffed to bits with it. It's the first 1/43 car I've had from Oxford (barring a couple of Cararama Fords and a few ice cream vans) and am well impressed. Paint is flawless and loads of detail. Love the proper Viva type curved mudflaps, miniature simulated screws on the bases of the mirrors, tiny griffin logos on the wheel centres, nicely done wipers and impressive to see the dash clocks and vents etc picked out. Badging is superb as well. Could easily pass for something twice the price IMO.

Just a shame they don't do more 'ordinary' cars like the Firenza...

Excellent. Glad you like! There may well be more of its ilk on the way...

Loving the Vauxhall minibus, looks like a Tawe conversions Master I used to drive

That's pretty much what it is. It was my first venture into kit production, converted from an ambulance kit and cast in resin. I had 30 of them made a couple of years ago and sold them all pretty quickly.

13982535142_58de3b3804_c.jpg

Evolution of a kit by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

13982557241_495f74aa98_c.jpg

Movano model by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

I went to a huge Tesco today,they had loads of the new Majorette stuff mentioned earlier in this thread.The single cars were £2.00 each,so I only bought the Citroen Cactus which I'd been looking for.There were also some 3-packs of rally cars,which were £6.00,& a pack of 15 cars for £15.00 but nothing in there I really wanted.

They're still having problems scanning them at the till,but the assistant found something else for the same price & scanned that instead.