Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Certainly not miniature but still shite. Can anybody advise me if these are collectable and have any value please?

They are both Triang tinplate pull along, quite large, about 18" long X 10" high. Scruffy condition and the van has no back door.  Many thanks.

attachicon.gifSAM_1461.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_1463.JPG

I had the box van / truck - like a silly sod I sold it for about 16 quid. Wished I hadnt , looked bloody great on the Mantle piece :-)

Yes.  My brother had some when he was young. I remember it being a bit sharp when left on the floor.  I had Minibrix (I think that's what it was called) - rubber and brick coloured, then Bayko.  Lego cornered the market afterwards.  Google should tell you when Betta Builder was current. 

Not strictly model car shite but has anyone heard of Airfix betta builder? Got a big bag of it today at a car boot.

I had some as a lad and found it didn't fit with Lego very well. All the bricks I had were just two studs long and the one wide and white. The windows were red.

Don't know if they did any other sizes.

AVANS! This arrived yesterday from Mr Lobster. (Gr11 service, cheers fella!)

post-5243-0-63011600-1459636401_thumb.jpg

Chuffed to bits with it. It's the first 1/43 car I've had from Oxford (barring a couple of Cararama Fords and a few ice cream vans) and am well impressed. Paint is flawless and loads of detail. Love the proper Viva type curved mudflaps, miniature simulated screws on the bases of the mirrors, tiny griffin logos on the wheel centres, nicely done wipers and impressive to see the dash clocks and vents etc picked out. Badging is superb as well. Could easily pass for something twice the price IMO.

Just a shame they don't do more 'ordinary' cars like the Firenza...

Not strictly model car shite but has anyone heard of Airfix betta builder? Got a big bag of it today at a car boot.

I had set No.3.....Loved it, true it wasn't as versatile as Lego but I used to love the separate roof tiles and all the hi-rise 1960s town planning stuff that was on the box.

Airfix Betta Builda?  Oh boy yes, I had loads of it when I were a saucepan in the sixties.  I still have a boxful, but it hasn't seen daylight in some time.  Scaled for Matchbox 1-75?  Yes, I would agree with that.  Pose a car (especially a period one, mk3 Zephyr say) in front of a door, or better yet, a garage door set, and you'll see how it fits.  It seemed to quietly die out about 1966 or so as Lego, which I never had, overwhelmed the market.

AVANS! This arrived yesterday from Mr Lobster. (Gr11 service, cheers fella!)

attachicon.gif20160402_231037.jpg

Chuffed to bits with it. It's the first 1/43 car I've had from Oxford (barring a couple of Cararama Fords and a few ice cream vans) and am well impressed. Paint is flawless and loads of detail. Love the proper Viva type curved mudflaps, miniature simulated screws on the bases of the mirrors, tiny griffin logos on the wheel centres, nicely done wipers and impressive to see the dash clocks and vents etc picked out. Badging is superb as well. Could easily pass for something twice the price IMO.

Just a shame they don't do more 'ordinary' cars like the Firenza...

That Firenza looks the bollox - straight out of the 2300SL brochure.

Hot Wheels addiction is flippin' addictive. I bought a few just before Christmas. A few for 201_jnr to go with the garage we'd got him, and a few 'for Dad to put away'. Now jnr has to check the toy aisle for Hot Wheels whenever we go into a supermarket. And the other day I had a look at the ones in 'Dad's little collection'. Up to nearly 100. At least they don't take much room up...

Hot Wheels addiction is flippin' addictive. I bought a few just before Christmas. A few for 201_jnr to go with the garage we'd got him, and a few 'for Dad to put away'. Now jnr has to check the toy aisle for Hot Wheels whenever we go into a supermarket. And the other day I had a look at the ones in 'Dad's little collection'. Up to nearly 100. At least they don't take much room up...

My sister sent me a multi-pack from Canada in the 1990s.   Whole chest-of-drawers full  now.  Socks and pants all over the place, but the Hot Wheels are safe.....

yeay! looking back, i see you did!!

someone else who has not only heard of it, but played with it!!

i've got a big box of read and green metal meccano too in the spare room, that was something that has come to me via my dad.

like many i suppose these older formats quickly fell by the way since lego is so much easier to build up and take apart.